Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Where can I download the modules for Edenite? And what’s with this Quickstart installation? I’ve already installed Joomla 1.5.3 – I don’t want to reinstall it. All I want is to install the template and modules that go with it.

TomC Moderator

<em>@flightzone 51116 wrote:</em><blockquote>Where can I download the modules for Edenite? And what’s with this Quickstart installation? I’ve already installed Joomla 1.5.3 – I don’t want to reinstall it. All I want is to install the template and modules that go with it.</blockquote>
    If you do not want to utilize the Quickstart installation (which installs all of the modules you see in the demo for you), then you will need to install them manually. The modules for Edenite are found within the stand alone template package.

flightzone Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 51154 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you do not want to utilize the Quickstart installation (which installs all of the modules you see in the demo for you), then you will need to install them manually. The modules for Edenite are found within the stand alone template package.</blockquote>

Where exactly? In the Template Package or the Quickstart package? As there is no standalone download for the Template Package, I assume you are refering to the template ZIP file included in the Quickstart download.

TomC Moderator

Is there a particular reason why you don’t want to install the quickstart package?
    Do you have other established sites on your server already?

Otherwise, the quickstart is the easiest and most complete way to go.

I checked the Edenite 1.5 zip and, you’re right, the modules are not individually in there.
    Hung should really look into this – since we know they work with J1.5.x.

I wonder if the v1.0 versions would work just fine. The individual module files are within the 1.0.x zip.

reyman Friend

I still cant use ja_slideshow for joomla 1.5. I dont want to use quickstart cause I have successed migrate from joomla 1.0.15 to 1.5.3. Why there’s no module only or extention only package for JA_Edinite… It’s really frustrated.. :((

TomC Moderator

I’m sorry, but I’m still not clear as to why you can’t (or won’t) simply start from scratch with the J 1.5.x Quickstart Installation. Again, do you have other established sites on your server that you do not want to delete?

Of course, I agree with you that there should be a stand alone Joomla 1.5.x download with the individual modules included. This is something Hung and his crew will need to address.

In the meantime, here are a couple of additional thoughts . . .

(1)
    If all you want to install is the JA Slideshow module, then what I might suggest is checking one of the other templates that uses this module – seeing if it has a template stand alone download – and get the module that way.

(2)
    How many sub domains does your web host plan allow you? The webhost plan I have allows for three – so what I did was simply set up a subdomain, with it’s own root file structure, and set up my quicktstart installation in that subdomain structure.

kreischl Friend

I just joined the club today and I’m stuck on the JA modules. I purchased a membership for the edenlite template with the JA slideshow and I don’t see the install module in the download template (joomla 1.5) and no, I’m not going to use the quickstart. Where the heck is the module?

thanks

TomC Moderator

<em>@kreischl 51830 wrote:</em><blockquote>I just joined the club today and I’m stuck on the JA modules. I purchased a membership for the edenlite template with the JA slideshow and I don’t see the install module in the download template (joomla 1.5) and no, I’m not going to use the quickstart. Where the heck is the module?
    </blockquote>
    If all you want to install is the JA Slideshow module, then what I might suggest is checking one of the other templates that uses this module – seeing if it has a template stand alone download – and get the module that way.

Why are you so against utilizing the Quickstart Package?

kreischl Friend

>>> Why are you so against utilizing the Quickstart Package?
    Maybe I am missing something but the quickstart package isn’t the correct version (changelog says 1.5.1). Nor is this the standard way to install extensions.

Based on the forums, your customers (paying I might add) spend more time screwing around with this than if you just made it an installable extension.

What am I missing that makes the quickstart package a viable option?

TomC Moderator

<em>@kreischl 51860 wrote:</em><blockquote>>>> Why are you so against utilizing the Quickstart Package?
    Maybe I am missing something but the quickstart package isn’t the correct version (changelog says 1.5.1). Nor is this the standard way to install extensions. [/quote]
    The Edenite Quickstart for J 1.5.x will work. I used it myself – no problems whatsoever.

<em>@kreischl 51860 wrote:</em><blockquote>Based on the forums, your customers (paying I might add) spend more time screwing around with this than if you just made it an installable extension.[/quote]
    The extension is available – you just may have to obtain it within the template files of one of the other templates that also use it. I don’t know why Hung and his crew didn’t include the stand alone module within the non Quickstart Edenite download – but, at present, that’s the way it seems to be.

<em>@kreischl 51860 wrote:</em><blockquote>]What am I missing that makes the quickstart package a viable
    option?</blockquote>
    See [url=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/the-value-of-the-quickstart-packages/

kreischl Friend

But what’s the deal with it being 1.5.1 and I already have 1.5.3?

Do I have to re-run the install?

Lastly, do I have to do this each time I want a new template?

Overall I find this ridiculous and I’m about 10 seconds from cancelling. Joomlashack has templates that I can live with.

TomC Moderator

<em>@kreischl 51872 wrote:</em><blockquote>But what’s the deal with it being 1.5.1 and I already have 1.5.3?
    Do I have to re-run the install?[/quote]
    Again, you would have to do a complete reinstall of Joomla altogether.

<em>@kreischl 51872 wrote:</em><blockquote>]Lastly, do I have to do this each time I want a new template? [/quote]
    No . . . But you said you specifically wanted the Edenite template. Since, as of this moment, the JA Development Team hasn’t included the individual stand-alone modules within the base template packet, I would assume that this is important enough to you to take the steps you need to get all the modules and components you want functioning as they should.

<em>@kreischl 51872 wrote:</em><blockquote>Overall I find this ridiculous and I’m about 10 seconds from cancelling. Joomlashack has templates that I can live with.</blockquote>
    Look, I’ve been trying to help you out with the easiest solutions to your inquiries. Seems as though you’re bent on being resistant and/or have already made up your mind about what you are and are not willing to do to achieve what you want to with the template.

You’re going to what you’re going to do anyway – so throwing around names of other template clubs makes little matter.

reyman Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 51233 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m sorry, but I’m still not clear as to why you can’t (or won’t) simply start from scratch with the J 1.5.x Quickstart Installation. Again, do you have other established sites on your server that you do not want to delete?

Of course, I agree with you that there should be a stand alone Joomla 1.5.x download with the individual modules included. This is something Hung and his crew will need to address.

In the meantime, here are a couple of additional thoughts . . .

(1)

(2)
    How many sub domains does your web host plan allow you? The webhost plan I have allows for three – so what I did was simply set up a subdomain, with it’s own root file structure, and set up my quicktstart installation in that subdomain structure.</blockquote>

I really dont understand, why you so eager to tell people to use quickstart ? Is it quickstart is for ‘fresh install’ ? Do you think everyone who use this template doesnt have any articles before ? I already have tons of articles.. Should I re-submit my articles just to use this templates ? I use JA_Nerine before.. and it’s easy… and If I have to use quickstart only to use ja_edenite (because there’s no module for JA_Slideshow).. I’ll pass.. Cause this template defenitely not for me.. 😀

TomC Moderator

Why not just use JA Slideshow for Nerine?

reyman Friend

Yes.. I finally use Slideshow that came with Nerine.. I hope JA will include all modules that needed in a template or put them in a place so we can get it easily.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  rjscott2005 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum