Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

<em>@tcraw1010 51873 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Look, I’ve been trying to help you out with the easiest solutions to your inquiries. Seems as though you’re bent on being resistant and/or have already made up your mind about what you are and are not willing to do to achieve what you want to with the template.

You’re going to what you’re going to do anyway – so throwing around names of other template clubs makes little matter.</blockquote>

I honestly do appreciate your help!

I am very frustrated with my first experience with a paid entity and their resolution baffles me. A complete re-install of joomla? And then patch it? It just makes no sense.

TomC Moderator

I understand, bro . . . I spent many an evening/week being frustrated while trying to learn the Joomla template structure, working with CSS, successfully adding/modifying module positions, etc. There is definitely a slight learning curve.

I do also understand your frustration when there are certain files missing and/or there are bugs within a particular configuration that require next-level assistance. Eventually, one comes to an understanding that rarely is anything as perfect as one would like it to be. I do not believe that any of the bugs within any of the templates are intentional, nor do I believe that Hung or his crew intentionally omit files from template packages.

In the particular case of the stand alone modules within the base (non quickstart) template download, I believe that this is an oversight which (I hope) Hung will be able to correct soon.

Nevertheless, more times than not, there are workarounds for just about any issue. Posting here on the JoomlART Message Boards is your first line of defense. I see many here trying to help others (to the best of their ability). One of the absolute BEST resources ANYWHERE for Joomla related issues (especially JoomlART template issues) is our own MENALTO. I can’t tell you how many times he has graciously alloted his time to help me with various issues over the past year.

In any case, I agree with you that the modules used within the template should be included within the base template download – and, again, I hope Hung will rectify this issue soon. At the same time, there are workarounds for your particular issue that will get you moving along.

Good Luck, my friend.

😎

kreischl Friend

Thanks. Sorry if I came across too harsh but I was excited to try these templates and…

On a positive note, I downloaded the module from Nerine. Althought it does appear there are two versions – one of them wanted me to add it in legacy mode?

I used “JA Nerine 1.5 Extensions” (worked) and “Slideshow module for JA Nerine” wanted legacy mode.

Oh well. 🙂

donklass Friend

The logo for JA EDENITE has two options; text or image. I would like to change the displayed image but I can’t figure out where the current logo is being stored. ANy assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Don

trann Friend

<em>@donklass 70545 wrote:</em><blockquote>The logo for JA EDENITE has two options; text or image. I would like to change the displayed image but I can’t figure out where the current logo is being stored. ANy assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Don</blockquote>
    I am having this same problem. I sized my new logo for edenite and uploaded it, deleted the existing logo.gif file and renamed my file logo.gif but the template still show the JA edenite logo… What am I doing wrong?

donklass Friend

Could it be looking for a different file extension? What directory as the logo.gif in?

Thanks.
    Don

trann Friend

Could be. I replaced the logo.gif file in the Joomla – templates – ja edenite – images file. I looked in other places but didn’t see another logo file…

This must be something that people do all the time though and I figure I’m missing something simple… Ideas?

donklass Friend

I thought this ould have very simple as well…. so far I’m at a loss.

trann Friend

Hello – is any support out there to help with what must be a common questions – logo replacement? I am working with Joomla 1.5 and replaced the logo.gif file with an identical named file and the new logo does not come up. Please advise… anyone?

rjscott2005 Friend

<em>@donklass 70889 wrote:</em><blockquote>I thought this ould have very simple as well…. so far I’m at a loss.</blockquote>
    The logo.gif file resides in 3 locations
    Using your ftp program or a Joomla admin component such as JoomlaXplorer-
    Navigate to here: /templates/ja_edenite/images/
    Once there you will find logo.gif
    Navigate to here: /templates/ja_edenite/images/orange
    Once there you will find logo.gif
    Navigate here: /templates/ja_edenite/images/red
    Once there you will find logo.gf

I’m using the red version of this template so I changed the logo.gif file located at /templates/ja_edenite/images/red. Make sense?

anoopxyz Friend

Hi,

What’s the name of the main module position in Edenite?

I want to add a module in the main body. but I couldn’t find the module position from the list.

Regards,

rjscott2005 Friend

<em>@anoopxyz 79622 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

What’s the name of the main module position in Edenite?

I want to add a module in the main body. but I couldn’t find the module position from the list.

Regards,</blockquote>
    I don’t think there is a module position for the main body for Joomla.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  rjscott2005 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum