Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hello

I am trying to upload my logo on Olivine (blugreen) theme. I do not know why when I upload my logo using same dimensions, format, etc.

In fact, I put my logo under the original logo file and did not work.

Is there any css code trick or something like that?

Thank your for your time

Andy

joliver Friend

Try Editing your logo in all of the image folders. Sometimes I have issues in IE that switch logo’s back to the default.

TomC Moderator

Also remember to clear your cache from time to time – sometimes, even when you make a change, it doesn’t display correctly until AFTER you clear your system and browser cache.

Sherlock Friend

Can you give us your live URL, any screenshot or more details of the problem will be helpful

andybezara Friend

Hello nguoiabcdwi

I am using the same gif file on template folder. I only put over the original logo, my logo.

The demo webpage is http://www.bezaraperez.com/demo/

I really need to resolve this problem immediately. If you are willing to help me, I can send a PM. I am willing to pay for your help.

Thank you

Andy

Sherlock Friend

You can edit bluegreen.css (line 75)

h1.logo a {
    background:transparent url(../../images/bluegreen/logo.gif) no-repeat scroll 0 0;
    }

And template.css (line 761)

h1.logo a {
    display:block;
    float:left;
    height:100px;
    width:230px;
    }

andybezara Friend

Hello nguoiabcd

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

I am sure you gave me the right solution, but I can not do it. I added the code changes you suggested me, but I failed.

Is there anyway that I can pay an extra charge and you fix this for me?

Thanks again.

Andy

mj1256 Friend

I don’t think you really needed to change code

here’s how I do it.

create a new logo in the same format and size as the original

then
    FTP to the /templates/template_name/images/

there you will see the logo file in the list,
    rename the original to logo_original.gif, or what ever it is, some are jpg and some are png
    then upload your new one.

then, there are usually separate folders for each color option, do the same in each one of the folders, even though you are not using those color options.

if you cannot ftp, use file manager in cpanel
    if you do not have cpanel, use your hosts file manager

or, install joomlxplorer which will let you do all of this from within joomla.

now, file permissions and file ownwership can be an issue, if the server owns the files, you will not be able to use ftp, it will look like the file transferred. but it didn’t, in which case you need to use the other options.

andybezara Friend

Hello

I have tried both recommendation, but I am still doing something wrong.

Original files work very well, but when I change the same file (fireworks) and upload it…

Honestly, I have two recommendations:

I love this template… but if I can not upload my logo… it does not work for me. You should design the logo position for easy use (newbie) or add some logo editing tool.

If you think to upgrade to new version… you can use the are where logo in now for menu… Perhaps, we can use other position to a logo on other position using custom module such as Qoute of the Day.

Once again, I want this template, and I am willing to pay you an extra charge if you help. I can send you admin info access and logo.

Thank you very much for your time and patient

Andy

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    Your image logo at templates/ja_olivine/images/bluegreen/ folder, please create new logo.gif and copy overwrite to that folder, replace original logo.gif

andybezara Friend

Hello fellows

I am very sorry. I know I am a nightmare for you, but I can not resolve the logo problem.

Please, check http://www.bezaraperez.com/demo/. I am using the same file (the original one)

I know how to edit and upload logos… please check http://www.dentalcare.travel

When I edit it, and upload it something it is wrong. I have attached my logo for your consideration.

Once again, thank you and please accept my apologizes for the inconvenience. I really need help

Andy

1. Logo_New_Smile-5
    Sherlock Friend

Hi
    you must replace logo.gif in templatesja_olivineimagesbluegreen folder

jernejc Friend

Hi!

I’ve attached the logo.gif which is an edited version of your .jpg file. Basically I just edited the size of your logo and put it in a .gif format. Also tried uploading it to my site as a test, and it worked without any problems.
    Attached an example.jpg, so you can see the test I made on my site worked.

Just upload the attached logo.gif in:
    templatesja_olivineimagesbluegreen
    Make sure you overwrite the existing logo.gif.

PS: I recommend that you remove the white background so the logo fits in better. Try uploading the attached one as a start tho.

1. logo
    2. example
    andybezara Friend

Hello jernejc

Thank you very much. I really apppreciate your time and your unvaluable help.

The logo is working now.

Thank you again.

Andy

mj1256 Friend

so, it was a sizing and file type problem, good going jernejc, i wish I had the time to help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  jernejc 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum