Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi, you’ll probably guess Im a beginner which is why i need your help. im just trying to edit the slideshow module on the homepage (add/change images). I found the module in the module manager but i dont know where to start in order to edit it. ill really appreciate any help guys! thanks

TomC Moderator

What is it you are wanting to accomplish? – What kind of modifications are you wanting to make?

benmont86 Friend

<em>@TomC 301881 wrote:</em><blockquote>What is it you are wanting to accomplish? – What kind of modifications are you wanting to make?</blockquote>

I just want to add my own images so that they slide on the homepage. I have already resized them to 960*354 px and now I need to upload them to the website.

TomC Moderator

<em>@benmont86 301965 wrote:</em><blockquote>I just want to add my own images so that they slide on the homepage. I have already resized them to 960*354 px and now I need to upload them to the website.</blockquote>
    Have you been able to resolve this issue? Are you still requiring assistance?

benmont86 Friend

<em>@TomC 304080 wrote:</em><blockquote>Have you been able to resolve this issue? Are you still requiring assistance?</blockquote>
    nope. i havent been able to do it yet, neither have i been able to even change the logo of my website. even though i followed the instructions you posted in a post somewhere, and after i sent you a PM still nothing. this joomla thing is pretty frustrating for begineers u know. i do appreciate your help and concern though. thanks if you can give any help.

TomC Moderator

<em>@benmont86 304293 wrote:</em><blockquote>nope. i havent been able to do it yet, neither have i been able to even change the logo of my website. even though i followed the instructions you posted in a post somewhere</blockquote>

Actually … when I bring up your site, I see your logo displayed (assuming that is your logo) . . .

Is it not displaying as you are wanting it to?

1. logo
    benmont86 Friend

<em>@TomC 304324 wrote:</em><blockquote>Actually … when I bring up your site, I see your logo displayed (assuming that is your logo) . . .

Is it not displaying as you are wanting it to?</blockquote>
    i copied my logo image into the image folder of my website. when i did that, nothing happened, then i realized there is another images folder within the template folder so when i copied it there, it worked. thanks for keeping helping tom, you’re always on the rescue.

TomC Moderator

<em>@benmont86 304335 wrote:</em><blockquote>i copied my logo image into the image folder of my website. when i did that, nothing happened, then i realized there is another images folder within the template folder so when i copied it there, it worked. thanks for keeping helping tom, you’re always on the rescue.</blockquote>
    Well, it seems that YOU were the one who employed a bit of trial-and-error in ultimately resolving your issue …
    … so, GREAT JOB !!!

Glad I could lend an assist.

All the best with your continuing site development !!!

🙂

joserra57 Friend

Hello TomC
    I have a problem with the module Slideshow
    my web is http://www.vacacionesenasia.com , in the slide show I have put 4 articles but if you click in the Title the link return to home page not to article
    Could you help me?
    thanks Joserra

benmont86 Friend

Hello Tom,

thanks for the help. i already figured out how to change the logo thing. however, im still having a bit of trouble with the slideshow module. i have already uploaded the images i want to be shown on the homepage to the images/stories/slideshow folder but the images i uploaded do not appear in the slideshow homepage. Im wondering whether i need to edit the code in a specific file, and if so, which one? ill appreciate it thanks.

TomC Moderator

Joserra:
    It should not be necessary to modify any code for what you are trying to do. Without knowing/seeing exactly what you named your new images and/or how you configured your slideshow module settings, it is difficult to more deeply diagnose the issue.

Another way to try to investigate the issue – as compared to the settings within our demo version – is to utilize our DEMO BUILDER to set up a temporary clone of our demo version (both frontend and backend) and cross check configurations and such.

benmont86 Friend

<em>@TomC 308461 wrote:</em><blockquote>Joserra:
    It should not be necessary to modify any code for what you are trying to do. Without knowing/seeing exactly what you named your new images and/or how you configured your slideshow module settings, it is difficult to more deeply diagnose the issue.

Another way to try to investigate the issue – as compared to the settings within our demo version – is to utilize our DEMO BUILDER to set up a temporary clone of our demo version (both frontend and backend) and cross check configurations and such.</blockquote>
    hi Tom, it was actually me who asked for your advice. i have already configured the slideshow module as in the demo. i have also uploaded the images to the images/stories/slideshow folder with different photo names. i am sure there must be a way to instruct the slideshow module to retrieve the images from the aforementioned folder, but in the config settings, there is no way to indicate a path. i dont know if i made myself clear but i hope you can help me out on this again. my website is http://www.discoverbolivia.com.bo and i have sent you my ftp details before to your inbox. thanks in advanc3

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  benmont86 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum