Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi, I was wondering how I can enable email cloacking for the ACM contact module, as it contains my email adress?
    Any help is welcome. BR Lens

TomC Moderator

Not seeing your email anywhere in the footer section. :confused:

lens Friend

I have send you a PM. Probably the URL was wrong.

TomC Moderator

<em>@lens 461336 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have send you a PM. Probably the URL was wrong.</blockquote>

Still not seeing ANY email address within the footer section.

Perhaps you can provide a screenshot pointing out what you’re referring to?

lens Friend

– Yeah your right its no excatly the footer its the contact-info just before the footer. Probably I should go to bed …. :-[

1. footer
    lens Friend

You might change the thread title to “Email cloacking in ACM contact module”

TomC Moderator

Try This . . .

Within file path –> /templates/uber/local/acm/contact-info/css/style.css
    at line 32, modify as follows:

.uber-contact-info .info-list dd:last-child {
    display: none;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    }

SAVE CHANGES – CLEAR CACHE – REFRESH PAGE

Better ??

lens Friend

No not quite that what I was looking for. I meant email cloacking for web-robots (bots):

https://docs.joomla.org/How_to_cloak_email_addresses

Saguaros Moderator

It would be hard because there is no specific field for email in this module. As you can see in the backend settings of this JA ACM module type of Contact Info, it’s just one of multiple / optional fields. If you don’t want to public the email address, try to put this:

<a href=”mailto:someone@yoursite.com”>Email Us</a>

lens Friend

Well its not about having a public email adress, its about avoiding spam bots crawling it. So your solution is not really adequat. :(( How does Joomla do it in the content and custom html module to manage it, as there are no dedicated fields for email adresses either? Thanks anyway.

Saguaros Moderator

The core email cloaking plugin of Joomla is a content plugin. This means it only works in articles and content that is specifically passed through the content plugins. So that it will not have effect on other modules.

Did you try to use a 3rd party extension in JED for email protection?

lens Friend

Brilliant I haven’t thought of that. I now use EmailProtector from NoNumber and it works :).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lens 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum