Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Embedding Youtube videos!

Hello There,
    I did everything to embed Youtube videos using TinyMCE and JCE editors, but when I save the article, the codes are gone. I watched two videos one using TinyMCE and the other using TinyMCE and both were successful embedding videos on Joomla 3. Therefore, am thinking that there is something to be fixed on JA Tiris.
    I would appreciate very much your help.
    Regards,
    Albert

TomC Moderator

Perhaps the following resource will be helpful to you . . . . .

TomC Moderator
    boizan Friend

Hello,
    Thank you for your reply. Nevertheless, I watched this video where they use JFC Editor and another using TinyMCE. I did as they both explained it, and nothing good happens. Once I save the embedded video from YouTube, it is gone. I tried using YouTube Share>Embed codes – the one offered by default, and the Old Embed Code. The results do not change. When I save the page, the codes are gone. I posted my question in this Forum, after posting it in Joomla Forum, because I am thinking that it might be a JA Tiris template problem. So please try to think about something that the template set up can be affecting. I am struggling with this template since the first moment I installed it, because I can see the results of the changes I made on the website only the next day. I tried deleting the browser history but this does not help. It is very annoying. It is hard to change this template after all the headaches that I had setting up Joomlashopping.
    Regards,
    Albert

boizan Friend

Hello,
    I am sorry but I wrote my previous message without looking and the links that you suggested. I installed the Youtube Plugin and placed a video with it in an article. I will see tomorrow if it works. They are not offering any more the YouTube Simple Embed plugin, the account is suspended. Instead they offer all the required codes to create the plugin. I hope that YouTube Plugin works okay.
    Thank you so much for your help!
    Regards,
    Albert

burnman4578964 Friend

Hi there, I’ve just started trying to add YouTube and discovered that my JCE isn’t working, so this doesn’t help me unfortunately. I did everything it showed, but still nothing. I’m still getting the TinyMCE editor even though JCE is selected in my global config. So I guess this might be a topic for another section on this forum. If you can guide me in the right direction that would be cool!

burnman4578964 Friend

Hi there, I’ve just started trying to add YouTube and discovered that my JCE isn’t working, so this doesn’t help me unfortunately. I did everything it showed, but still nothing. I’m still getting the TinyMCE editor even though JCE is selected in my global config. So I guess this might be a topic for another section on this forum. If you can guide me in the right direction that would be cool!

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    The most simple way is:
    – Turn off editor
    – Use Embed code
    – Done 🙂

Or you can use shortcode plugin for emulate html by bbcode.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    The most simple way is:
    – Turn off editor
    – Use Embed code
    – Done 🙂

Or you can use shortcode plugin for emulate html by bbcode.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

burnman4578964 Friend

Thanks, I did use a plugin to add the videos, but I still need to embed code onto my pages. I guess I’ll have to create a ticket to get someone on this. Thanks!

burnman4578964 Friend

Thanks, I did use a plugin to add the videos, but I still need to embed code onto my pages. I guess I’ll have to create a ticket to get someone on this. Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  burnman4578964 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum