Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am getting the following error … please help.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46080 bytes) in /home/sites/zccobauk.com/public_html/templates/ja_mona/html/mod_ja_contentslide/default.php on line 127

cgdesign Friend

what´s the file size of the images you use at the content that will be displayed with the contentslide module?
    because, like you could read in your error message there will be an problem with the allowed memory size.
    the memory_limit configuration will define the maximum memory that is available for the processes.

maybe the file size will be an problem…

or could you use an php.ini file to change any webhosting-configurations?
    than you could change the memory_limit

mirzamunas Friend

Your answer is not clear.

I just installed the Quick Start as you can understand that contains all the sample images that came with the Mona template…

cgdesign Friend

ok, if you use the quickstart package, everything should be fine.

at the error message you got, you could read 8388608 bytes. what means that the memory limit that is configured by your provider will be 8M (megabyte).

if you will be able to change these configuration, everything should be fine.
    some providers offer you the possibility to do this by an extra php.ini file in your webspace directory.
    or maybe your provider use an hosting control panel where you could do any configuration like these…

mirzamunas Friend

Why are you chatting rubbish. There is no such thing. I am my own web service provider.

cgdesign Friend

so if u are your own web service provide, just change your memory_limit configuration…
    because if you are your own web service provider, you should of course have root access to your server and so just edit the php.ini file and everything should be fine…or what´s your problem?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

mirzamunas;140482Why are you chatting rubbish. There is no such thing. I am my own web service provider.

Dear Mirzamunas,

Please be polite to fellow JA members, Our dear JA member cgdesig has rightly pointed out about the php memory_limit problem. In your other thread i have fixed the problem and it was because of your lower memory limit.

This is purely NON -JA question, you should have used Google first to search for such problems. I may be sounding rough on this, but its a fallout of your choice of words for cgdesign, who was trying to help you out.

Also, I would be marking the post of cgdesign as the “Best Answer” as it is the best answer.

Please.

Regards

Arvind

mirzamunas Friend

Thanks for fixing the problem DRARVINDC…

Yes, of course I was not polite but it doesn’t mean I was harsh or rude at CGDESIGN. The answers that he has given are not clear. May be it is to do with his English.

Of course I realise that the problem has nothing to with JA. But this is the first time I have heard such a thing exist.

Where exactly did you find the php.ini file. I had a look before posting my question to the staff or admin.

Again, I am sorry I was not trying to be rude.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mirzamunas 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum