Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Just installed the QuickStart – http://www.fccps.org/j15c
    and getting following errors in the slideshow;

Notice: Undefined variable: setimagearray in D:…modulesmod_jaslideshow2mod_jaslideshow2.php on line 85
    Notice: Undefined variable: orderby in D:…modulesmod_jaslideshow2mod_jaslideshow2.php on line 86
    Notice: Undefined variable: sort in D:…modulesmod_jaslideshow2mod_jaslideshow2.php on line 86

ndtoan13 Friend

Do not show notice is not the solution, i do a small change:
    Replace
    [PHP]//Navigation
    $navigation = $params->get(‘navigation’, ”);
    [/PHP]

with
    [PHP]//Navigation
    $navigation = $params->get(‘navigation’, ”);

// Sort
    $orderby = 1; // 1 and other
    $sort = 1; // 1,2 and other
    [/PHP]

And replace
    [PHP]if (trim($setimagearray) != “”) $images = explode(“,”, $setimagearray);
    else $images = modJaSlideshowHelper::getFileInDir($folder, $orderby, $sort );
    [/PHP]
    with
    [PHP]$images = modJaSlideshowHelper::getFileInDir($folder, $orderby, $sort );[/PHP]

Maybe next version will fix it by this way or add more options.

John Wesley Brett Moderator

<em>@ndtoan13 117376 wrote:</em><blockquote>Do not show notice is not the solution, i do a small change:
    And replace
    [PHP]if (trim($setimagearray) != “”) $images = explode(“,”, $setimagearray);
    else $images = modJaSlideshowHelper::getFileInDir($folder, $orderby, $sort );
    [/PHP]
    with
    [PHP]$images = modJaSlideshowHelper::getFileInDir($folder, $orderby, $sort );[/PHP]

Maybe next version will fix it by this way or add more options.</blockquote>

Are you sure this is correct? I’m showing all sorts of “invalid Markup” errors.

ndtoan13 Friend

Have you inserted this one:
    [PHP]
    // Sort
    $orderby = 1; // 1 and other
    $sort = 1; // 1,2 and other [/PHP]

tadam Friend

where do you find the above code. I searched in the code but can’t see it. here is the error i get when I installed/ran on local machine:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ‘=’, expecting ‘)’ in W:wwwITservicespluginscontentja_tabs.php on line 31

ndtoan13 Friend

The file need to be modified is mod_jaslideshow2.php located at modules/mod_jaslideshow2/mod_jaslideshow2.php, please attach your file ja_tabs.php here

tadam Friend

Thank for replying.
    I made the changes as you suggested but the error still shows up. Any idea?

ndtoan13 Friend

Is this your error? <blockquote>Parse error: parse error, unexpected ‘=’, expecting ‘)’ in W:wwwITservicespluginscontentja_tabs.php on line 31</blockquote>
    If it is lease attach your file ja_tabs.php here

My modification is for the notices:
    <blockquote>Notice: Undefined variable: setimagearray in D:…modulesmod_jaslideshow2mod_jaslideshow2.p hp on line 85
    Notice: Undefined variable: orderby in D:…modulesmod_jaslideshow2mod_jaslideshow2.p hp on line 86
    Notice: Undefined variable: sort in D:…modulesmod_jaslideshow2mod_jaslideshow2.p hp on line 86</blockquote>

jsliao Friend

all those are just notices…. somewhat like warnings. doesn’t necessarily cause any errors.

you can just change the error reporting to a lower level to remove such notices/warnings.

go to your Site->Global Configuration, under server tab. change error reporting to the lowest level.

mneese Friend

NDTOAN13:

thanks for the changes, they appear to work fine. Also, can this new “mod_jaslideshow2.php” file be used in all sites with the slideshow2 feature without further edits? I mean just replace the file in other sites or does each site have to be edited?

ndtoan13 Friend

the file is included in the joomlart package has not been edited then whenever you install by using joomlart package, the problem would come unless you edit the file

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ndtoan13 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum