Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Thanks again for the help when I marked posts “urgent”. Things are starting to come under control now. I redid everything under 3.2 rather than 3.3. Took work, but was the right thing to do.

So this is not urgent.

When I open the JA Googlemaps plugin, I get this error message.

Google has disabled use of the Maps API for this application. This site is not authorized to use the Google Maps client ID provided. If you are the owner of this application, you can learn more about registering URLs here https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/business/clientside/auth#registering_authorized_urls

I checked that I entered the key correctly and that my test site – jbdb.org –
    Key for browser apps (with referers)
    API key:
    AIzaSyBrdCOHEwOLc4KADgW9nH-t7dtT5YJbsAA
    Referers:
    jbdb.org
    koartnyc.com
    Activated on: May 7, 2014 1:36 AM
    Activated by: daveburstein2@gmail.com – you

Advice please.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@daveburstein 425794 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks again for the help when I marked posts “urgent”. Things are starting to come under control now. I redid everything under 3.2 rather than 3.3. Took work, but was the right thing to do.

So this is not urgent.

When I open the JA Googlemaps plugin, I get this error message.

Google has disabled use of the Maps API for this application. This site is not authorized to use the Google Maps client ID provided. If you are the owner of this application, you can learn more about registering URLs here https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/business/clientside/auth#registering_authorized_urls

I checked that I entered the key correctly and that my test site – jbdb.org –
    Key for browser apps (with referers)
    API key:
    AIzaSyBrdCOHEwOLc4KADgW9nH-t7dtT5YJbsAA
    Referers:
    jbdb.org
    koartnyc.com
    Activated on: May 7, 2014 1:36 AM
    Activated by: daveburstein2@gmail.com – you

Advice please.</blockquote>

Hello It seems tge error should be in the API key . I requested you to delete the old API key and create a new key and add it in plugin .
    let me know if it helps

daveburstein Friend

I’ll try that later today, although it’s a brand new API key I just got. The documentation is out of date because Google changed their system. There now are several different types of Google map API keys. I asked in the forum before which to use and was told the Javascript one. There’s also one to embed, etc.

Probably worth having someone check the link in the docs and update this. I have a workaround if we don’t solve it directly so will be ok.

Dave Burstein

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi @daveburstein
    you can follow this thread
    Follow the suggestion given by Chavan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum