Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello,

A copy of the error message is attached in an image.

On the “Shop” page – Main Menu, I get this error:

Error: Module Not Registered.”http://www” is not a valid VirtueMart core module.

This link will take you there: [ERROR]

I was trying out the mod in the cart position in other positions, too but do not know what caused this error to appear.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you! 🙂

Regards,
    GeoVi

1. JA-CF
    bennitos Friend

Howdy Avis 🙂

Pure for testing, can you try to disable the search friendly url’s and see what it does then?

With regards,
    J 🙂

GeoVi Friend

<em>@bennitos 144889 wrote:</em><blockquote>Howdy Avis 🙂

Pure for testing, can you try to disable the search friendly url’s and see what it does then?

With regards,
    J :)</blockquote>

Hiya Jeroen,

Thanks for the suggestion but no change. I was trying out that newsticker in several mod positions. This is when it occurred. I think I had it in the position where the “welcome to the shop” info is but of course, moved it.

This error just occurred. Perhaps I’ll disable the newsticker and see what happens. It is in the “your cart” mod position, afterall. It may think it’s a VM mod. All of this is coming to me now that I’m posting to you. You’re a great troubleshooter and it’s rubbed off. :p

I disabled all mods and the error was still there. Any more ideas?

Kind regards,
    A

bennitos Friend

Can you create a new menu item wich is pointing to the same? Lets see what it does then.

GeoVi Friend

<em>@bennitos 144896 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can you create a new menu item wich is pointing to the same? Lets see what it does then.</blockquote>

No Change.

bennitos Friend

Avis,

Take a look now is this how you wanted it?

You had your menu item set to virtuemart but did not configure what it had to show.
    What i did now is went to the menu manager, clicked on the shop menu item.

Under parameters (component)
    I have set the page to 1 (first page)

If you want it to show something else then enter a category id or something else.

At your service 🙂

GeoVi Friend

<em>@bennitos 144900 wrote:</em><blockquote>Avis,

Take a look now is this how you wanted it?

You had your menu item set to virtuemart but did not configure what it had to show.
    What i did now is went to the menu manager, clicked on the shop menu item.

Under parameters (component)
    I have set the page to 1 (first page)

If you want it to show something else then enter a category id or something else.

At your service :)</blockquote>

Jeroen,

Thanks a million. I am puzzled why this occurred suddenly as I never made changes to it since I installed that menu item weeks ago. But the puzzled feeling is gone. 🙂 You’ve figured it out. Thank you! You perform excellent service! I vote for the “trial” to be removed and you become a full Moderator! woo hoo!

And yes, it’s ok to mark this SOLVED!! :laugh:

Avos

scotty Friend

GeoVi;144901I am puzzled why this occurred suddenly as I never made changes to it since I installed that menu item weeks ago

I’m finding some VERY strange things going on with 1.5.14.

Yesterday I was working on an Administrator module and when I saved it it became a frontend module. Today I saved an article and the “Successfully saved changes to Article: ” was displayed 3 times. I set a menu item to not show the page title and a few minutes later it was set to display again and I have no idea why.

Very strange….

bennitos Friend

That is really odd indeed :confused:

This site was running on 1.5.12 tho so must have been something else.

GeoVi Friend

<em>@scotty 144905 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m finding some VERY strange things going on with 1.5.14.

Yesterday I was working on an Administrator module and when I saved it it became a frontend module. Today I saved an article and the “Successfully saved changes to Article: ” was displayed 3 times. I set a menu item to not show the page title and a few minutes later it was set to display again and I have no idea why.

Very strange….</blockquote>

scotty,

I agree with you! I have CHMOD directories to writable (on another site) and even 777 but I’m still getting a message that they remain unwritable. I am having problems with Joomlapack backup big time! Quirky things as you described are happening to me, as well. I’m lost as to what’s the latest Joomla version anymore since I use quickstart so whatever is used in it but I guess it’s the latest version.

Thanks for replying with your input. I was so new at this when I started and thought by now, I had progressed past a few basic things as in what it took to solve this issue. As I said, the error just suddenly appeared and I had made no changes whatsoever to that menu item.

Be well and take good care. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  GeoVi 15 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum