Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

<em>@khoand 243083 wrote:</em><blockquote>I tested ministe on localhost and it works normally.Could you give me username+password of backend to check your website?</blockquote>
    PM sent…

ritzcruz Friend

I am also unable to install template. I am getting the following error:

“Unable to find install package”

I am using Joomla 1.6.3

snjofac Friend

Me to. My error is:

“There was an error uploading this file to the server.”

I solved my problem.
    I upload minisite template through ftp to tmp folder, then extract zip file and just click Install in Install from Directory.
    Then everything was OK.

khoand Friend

<em>@stevegoodall 243821 wrote:</em><blockquote>PM sent…</blockquote>
    You try to do snjofac’s way.

ritzcruz Friend

<em>@snjofac 244230 wrote:</em><blockquote>Me to. My error is:

“There was an error uploading this file to the server.”

I solved my problem.
    I upload minisite template through ftp to tmp folder, then extract zip file and just click Install in Install from Directory.
    Then everything was OK.</blockquote>

Thank you, this solved the problem. Just to be clear, once you upload the template zip file and extract it through ftp, go back to Joomla Extension Manager and click on the install button from the “Install from Directory”. Sorry, it took me a few minutes to figure it out.

Thank you so much for this. 🙂

jhicks Friend

I cannot get it to install that way either. It’s telling me I don’t have a valid xml setup file.

Nevermind, I got it!

kokkentor Friend

snjofac’s way worked it for me too.

Thanks!

khoand Friend

<em>@jhicks 244842 wrote:</em><blockquote>I cannot get it to install that way either. It’s telling me I don’t have a valid xml setup file.

Nevermind, I got it!</blockquote>
    What error do you get exactly?

jhicks Friend

I’m sorry I don’t have the exact error anymore. Both cases though (the browse for file and the directory install) told me the xml file was not valid.

khoand Friend

<em>@jhicks 245497 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m sorry I don’t have the exact error anymore. Both cases though (the browse for file and the directory install) told me the xml file was not valid.</blockquote>

Could you give me username+password of ftp and backend? I will install it for you

jhicks Friend

I already got it installed. I had to use a different ftp client than I was using to upload it and then installed it rom the tmp directory. It works now. Thank you!

ecurb Friend

<em>@khoand 245607 wrote:</em><blockquote>Could you give me username+password of ftp and backend? I will install it for you</blockquote>

I am having the same issue… I tried extracting it to tmp via ftp and still does not work… getting a ton of failed xml errors…

ecurb Friend

<em>@ecurb 248053 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am having the same issue… I tried extracting it to tmp via ftp and still does not work… getting a ton of failed xml errors…</blockquote>

Got it, installed from URL and pointed to the ZIP on the server.

Is this a common problem, should I always install them this way?

kellyterry Friend

I could only install using URL as well. I tried the latest version, just downloaded today and got the “no install package” error too. Joomla version 1.6.4 on GoDaddy shared hosting, if that matters.

Phill Moderator

Please raise a support ticket incluging an admin logon. When you have done so please come back here and post the ticket number so I can take a look.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum