Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

<em>@questbg 105191 wrote:</em><blockquote>Here’s a neat little plugin I found yesterday:

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/external-contents/video-channels/3659/details

One of my journalists telephoned yesterday and said she wanted to embed a YouTube video into an actual article. Found this plugin, downloaded, enabled and five minutes later she had the video playing in the article!</blockquote>

Maybe also check out the plugins and modules on http://www.joomlaxtc.com . They do some stuff for video / audio etc.. too, but not for free I think.

wooohanetworks Friend

I just want to give some update to the question if any JoomSuite extensions work with or can be integrated into VirtueMart. Unfortunately I got the information that none of the extesions may ever work with VM right away. There is the possibility that Joom People Touch may work with VM. Custom plugins yet maybe done by JoomSuite to fit VM, but this would mean additional costs one would have to carry and as far I know would this also mean that not every extensions may be integrated also when it would be customized. As VM 1.2 is said to come soon anyway, maybe there is a way to try it from that on, but as JoomSuite will come up with an own eCommerce Solution, I think this would the way to go when wanting to have something I looked for with VM.

So, no real good news on that one…

SP Media Friend

Here’s a few I can’t live without;

Website Name
    This is so simple a feature, it hurts. It just displays your website name on every page.

FireBoard[/URL]
    A free alternative to phpBB, with a module that actually also searches the boards from your home page joomla installation. One search throughout everything.

Tag Clouds
    Just a very easy to set up tag cloud. Free, but you need to pay for a license to remove the copy tag.

JFusion
    I use this to bridge things together with Joomla, Magento, phpBB, vBulletin, it covers a lot of them out there and it’s free.

Lovelly.

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@spmedia 105827 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Tag Clouds
    Just a very easy to set up tag cloud. Free, but you need to pay for a license to remove the copy .</blockquote>

It would be interesting to know if anyone knows a Tag Cloud for VirtueMart that works differently than the already existing ones. One I look for is that allows registered users to add new tag words to the cloud. It should also be displayed for any page of the store independently. So for each page the user visits, an own cloud is generated and users can add new tags to it.

As you mention Magento as a ecommerce solution for Joomla with the JFusion bridge. Magento brings some features VM hasn’t by default, like a wishlist etc., but by now, there are no modules for Magento that display content from the store on the Joomla site. For VM there are so many by now that make sense, I would not change to Magento until also such infrastructure is available for this ecommerce solution. That is the one thing plus that it was mentioned in the Joomla Forums that Magento has some serious problems with the server recourses by now and causes some issues with the performance, actually this was mentioned by Rochenhost in the forums, who may have tested it indepth.

Also, I have seen some forum here called JA Magento, does anyone know what this is for? Looks like some development of a new Template or system…

SP Media Friend

The tag cloud I put up just pulls in tags from any article, you don’t have to add anything to it. I’ve not used it in a site with VirtueMart just yet, but will give it a go. It’s fairly concise and thorough. 🙂

Also, with Magento, it comes natively with PayPalPro UK support, but you can switch the bridge, and get Joomla to appear within Magento. Requires a lot of playing around, but it can be done.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/tutorial-integrating-3rd-party-cms-content-within-magento/#When:20:44:00Z

wooohanetworks Friend

I have checked out Magento already, but like I said, it is too early right now… To the cloud again, I know, the clouds add content from the articles automatically, like in my case, from VM Products descriptions or titles etc.. But I want one where not I have to or the system generates entries but users can simply add their wish tags to it…;)

SP Media Friend

I know one which builds the tags from your keywords, but I’d have thought letting users add them would spark alsorts of spam frenzies?

wooohanetworks Friend

I know, some people would definitely add tags like “f*** this shop” or others to it, like the funny ones adding funny profanity into bedroom product clouds etc..:D But this is what one would have to deal with, otherwise, as far as I know, I can add blocked words to the cloud I use for VM, so words like this would be filtered.

Thinking about a tool that changes such phrases into “I love this shop”…;)

But you may take a look at one of Germany’s biggest online retailers at http://www.neckermann.de . You will see they have cloud modules on any product page, dynamic clouds so to say. What really is more important at all, is an extension that provides a wishlist for users and, logically it could be realized with modifying any existing cart module out there. There are any type of modules out there by now, also a “Customers who bought…also bought” extensions by ELearningforce. But not for free.

And when you mean like spam from bots, that should not come up at all, as captcha is mandatory and when it is just for registered buyers, this minimizes the spam from bots at least. Also, I prefer not enable users to register when they do not buy something. So registered users refers here only to people who first bought something and from that on they are registered and can add tags to the clouds too.

So when anyone hears of a simple wishlist that one still wants to afford, please post! Thanks!

SP Media Friend

That sounds pretty interesting, I’d look forward to something like that too. 🙂

wooohanetworks Friend

Actually I see myself paying a programmer to implement this, rather than seeing someone bringing it for free or as a paid extension. The most useful ones are not yet available. I wonder why all the developers seem never to visit the large retailers…;)

wooohanetworks Friend

Module Position Ban

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-&-design/accessibility/5064/details

http://www.jooext.com/free-downloads.html?func=fileinfo&id=2

This module will not allow public users or visitors to add the ?tp=1 to the browser site url to see the postions of your site. This is mainly THE essential extension when you build a commercial site, as you do not want to have the shaky joomly feeling no more. Now do not ask me why to even use this extension…;)

scotty Friend

Wouldn’t it be an awful lot easier to just delete the last section of /templates/system/html/modules.php rather than installing another module?

And isn’t this thread called ‘Essential Extensions’ and not “Now do not ask me why to even use this extension…”

wooohanetworks Friend

Oh, do not ask me, I am not a pro. But I would not do any changes on the Joomla core when I want to update when the next version will be released. The files you edit may be overwritten by the next update and that type of plugin does not take recourses. The fancy ones for sure…

scotty Friend

Came across this today and it’s a little gem!

It’s small, simple, and possibly the most useful extension ever!

It ads a small AJAX search box to the top right of the admin and you can search for menu items, articles, modules, users, and more.

Ohh and it’s free!

Demo here… http://demo.rsjoomla.com/administrator/
    Homepage here… http://www.rsjoomla.com/joomla-components/rsfinder.html

shertmann Friend

for me there is an always must to
    Chronoforms

What is ChronoForms?
    ChronoForms is a Joomla Component that helps Joomla/Mambo users publish forms to a website in minutes, not in HOURS.
    A custom form in three quick steps :

1. Create your form html with any HTML editor (e.g: Dreamweaver, NVU, etc).
    2. Copy the resulting HTML code from your HTML editor.
    3. Paste the code into your ChronoForms ‘Form Manager’ in the backend, choose your settings and save.

However you still have a big list of powerful options to add to your form, most of them within seconds, here is a full list :

Powerful customization features

* Ability to use Javascript and CSS styles code in the form.
    * Using PHP code in the form body or when submitted to do some serverside action like saving data or checking some thing.
    * Drag and Drop form creation wizard for quick forms creation with no need for any other HTML tools! good solution for those on rush for a simple form or newbies!
    * Setup as many emails as you need using a drag and drop board.
    * Each email can have any number of TO recipients and any number of CC/BCC recipients.
    * Each Email have a full dynamic set of fields,what the user write can change your email recipient and subject!
    * Ability to setup an Auto Responder!
    * Full control over the email(s) template(s) sent, yes, you can get candy emails created using WYSIWYG editor!
    * You can Redirect users after submission to a thank you page OR a login page or another website…etc.
    * Define the Submit URL if you are interested, useful for forms migrated from other applications to Joomla CMS.
    * Store all your submitted data and view it very easily.
    * Ability to View/delete stored data and ability to backup form results into XLS or CSV formats viewable on MS Excel!
    * Ability to create DB tables and connect to any table to save or update its records, we can connect to the content table for example and let the submissions become website content!
    * Include file upload fields in your form and have it attached/uploaded and add constraints on files uploaded (like max and min size and type).
    * Add Captcha imageverification to your form to protect you from Spam.
    * Very easy,Quick and Cool looking to setup Javascript fields validation!
    * Easy to add Server side validation for those who care for full form security!
    * Easy integration with payment systems like PayPal, 2Checkout.com or Authorize.net!
    * Plugins support for converting your form to a Joomla registration form or integrating it with Community builder too!
    * DEBUG option for checking the form workflow!
    * Limit form submissions per second per user session, useful for protecting yourself from 2 submit button clicks!

And we are trying to add more!

—————————————————————————-
    Acajoompro

Acajoom PRO includes all the features of Acajoom Plus and News and more:
    Acajoom News: http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,964/Itemid,35/
    Acajoom Plus: http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,1619/Itemid,35/

* Access Level Control: You can now define who can subscribe or view your mailings.
    * Front-End Edition:You can specify what users group can create or edit mailings.
    * Community Builder Tags: if you use CB on your site, you will love this new CB tag. You can specify include in your mailing any of the Community Builder field.
    * Smart-Newsletters: Just rest and let Acajoom do the job. Acajoom Smart-Newsletters can take the latest articles ( created or modified ) and automatically create/send a newsletter based on them. You specify which category or section you want to take the articles from.
    * Articles Auto-Archive: Specify the the category or section , the duration for which an article should be considered archive and Acajoom will automatically archive it for you, when date is due.
    * Create registration form: easily create HTML code for a newsletter registration form. Copy and paste it into another HTML page, for example another website.
    * Database Maintenance and Optimization: Acajoom leverage its scheduling function to run a database maintenance procedure to keep your website optimized and running faster.
    * MIME and text email: You can now choose in what encoding you want to send your mailings.
    * Subscription through URL: to easily integrate Acajoom powerful functionality with other components or website you can use the subscription by URL option

———————————————————————————————————-

Allvideos reloaded

AllVideos Reloaded is a fork of the famous AllVideos plugin, natively developed for Joomla! 1.5 and vastly enhanced with lots of invidually tunable parameters. In addition, all parameters (and more) can be individually overridden in each media tag. Internals have been redesigned completely.

Another maintenance release 1.2.4 is now avilable
    Changes/Fixes:
    – DB Tables were not installed on Systems with MySQL < 4.1
    leading to Error “500 Tag definition invalid or not found”
    – Moved avrmodal.css and closebox.gif from backend component
    to plugin in order to avoid access problems with protected
    backends.
    – Updated/Added spanish translation.
    – Made link to documentation more prominent.
    – Fixed API for thirdparty access of the “AVR Button”.

Another maintenance release 1.2.3 is now avilable
    This Release fixes the following problems:
    – Media did not display in fireboard.
    – The AVR System-Plugin did not install properly.
    – Embedding big flash animations could lead to temporary
    display of the builtin Flash warning, even if there was
    no problem with Flash.

New Features:
    – YouTube media embedded with youtubejw now shows the
    preview image from YouTube automatically.
    – YouTube URLs of localized sites now are recognized
    in the “AVR Media” Dialog.

AllVideos Reloaded 1.2.2 has just been released as a maintenance release, fixing several incompatibilities with PHP4 that were introduced in 1.2. plus a packaging problem (ZIP) that appeared in 1.2.1
    Sorry PHP4-users, for the inconvenience!

AllVideos Reloaded 1.2:
    With this version, AllVideos has now evolved to a full-fledged component. The new version adds exciting new features as well as translations for 4 new languages.

Here is a short overview of the changes:
    * All presets, rippers, player setups are now stored in the database.
    * New: Ability to display video in a lightbox.
    * New: Works anywhere! (even in foreign components or custom modules).
    * New: Editor-XTD included (Editor Button for easy embedding) (Tracker-ID: #9482)
    * New: Playlist Editor included.
    * New: Added french translation. Jonathan Rossel and Guillaume Latorre
    * New: Added italian (partial) translation. Thanks to Gianfranco Lo Cascio
    * New: Added turkish (partial) translation. Thanks to Tuna Buyukcaglar
    * New: Added portugese (partial) translation. Thanks to Fábio Nakatani
    * New: Support for Apple Trailers (Tracker-ID: #11500)
    * New: Support for BrightCove.tv (Tracker-ID: #11290)
    * New: Support for Blip.tv (Tracker ID: #11475)
    * New: Initial volume can be specified.
    * Replacements for iFilm and FreeVideoBlog (Tracker-ID: #10777)
    * Fixed issue displaying WARN_JAVASCRIPT resp. WARN_FLASH
    * Fixed several path-related issues (now uses full paths allways) Tracker-ID: #11313)
    * Fixed Megavideo (Tracker-ID: #11359)

In addition, there are 3 new views for managing players, rippers and tags in the backend, enabling expert users to add support for new video sharing providers. Those are fully functional, however currently undocumented. I’m currently writing that documentation and will release version 1.3 as soon as this is done.

ATTENTION!
    For those users, who use the JavaScript API: Please read carefully!

The old functions for creating a popup now have been replaced by a new, more versatile method. Previously, if you had several popups, you had to invoke avrOpenPopup0(); avrOpenPopup1(); … and so on. The number was depending on the sequence of the media tags.

The new version now works as follows:
    AvrOpenPopup(event, ‘identifier’, ‘type’);

Parameters:
    1. event:
    Must always specified literally.
    2. ‘identifier’:
    A string, referencing a specific media tag. The media tag must define a unique name using divid=”name”. Then, for identifier use exactly the same name.
    3. ‘type’:
    A string, specifying the popup type. Can be either ‘window’ or ‘lightbox’.

A full documentation of the JavaScript API will be available in version 1.3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

This topic contains 34 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  didima 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum