Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Do you have an update for JA Travel for j1.6?

Waiting patiently…

TomC Moderator

Just out of curiosity … is the difference between J1.5 and J1.6 that huge that you cannot work with the J1.5 version of JA Travel?
    Not to mention the fact that, as of this date, K2 is not compatible with J1.6.

:confused:

kevin bates Friend

Thanks for the feedback Tom.
    Are we not at the end of the life cycle for 1.5? I have a client that I started out with JA Ruby which I guess will not be carried forward into 1.6. My client also uses a lot of Chronoforms. The javascript in Chronoforms conflicts with K2 which they don’t really need or use. When I enable the MooTools upgrade plugin I begin to get a cascade of issues. As much as I want to stay with 1.5, the security patches are ending at .23 ?
    I think starting over with a new template in 1.6 will future proof my client for the longest period of time and solve my js conflicts – is this not correct thinking?
    Your feedback is appreciated.

kevin

lorddonk Friend

I’m also really waiting for this one and would love to know a real date.

For me, I already have my site running on 1.6 so (as far as I know there’s no automatic back port that would let me go back to J!1.5 anyway) so I’m stuck. The nested categories really makes it or breaks it for me, and I’ve never used K2 or any of those other add-ons (mainly because I still don’t get how or what all they do!) but I don’t want to add a big bulky system in when I can do the same thing in base J!1.6

I wish the team at Joomlart would release a guide on how to update their J!1.5 themes to J!1.6 ourselves. I can’t imagine that they’re going to port all of them so that means some people will be left without a theme they enjoy. The real killer is its generally a simple process but with the added complication of the T3 framework it seems like it would take a lot…

kevin bates Friend

<em>@kdbates 246528 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for the feedback Tom.
    Are we not at the end of the life cycle for 1.5? I have a client that I started out with JA Ruby which I guess will not be carried forward into 1.6. My client also uses a lot of Chronoforms. The javascript in Chronoforms conflicts with K2 which they don’t really need or use. When I enable the MooTools upgrade plugin I begin to get a cascade of issues. As much as I want to stay with 1.5, the security patches are ending at .23 ?
    I think starting over with a new template in 1.6 will future proof my client for the longest period of time and solve my js conflicts – is this not correct thinking?
    Your feedback is appreciated.
    </blockquote>

Is there a moderator here that can respond to this?
    Hello? Can you hear me now? :((

himangi Friend

Hi Kdbates,

Regarding JA travel for Joomla 1.6, I am trying to get information from devs. I will be back with it asap.

@lorddonk,

<blockquote>I wish the team at Joomlart would release a guide on how to update their J!1.5 themes to J!1.6 ourselves. I can’t imagine that they’re going to port all of them so that means some people will be left without a theme they enjoy. The real killer is its generally a simple process but with the added complication of the T3 framework it seems like it would take a lot… </blockquote>

If you can tell me which template you want to use for J1.6, I can get info if that template is scheduled for J1.6 compatibility development or not.
    As you said, JA may not have scheduled the development for all old J1.5 compatible templates for J1.6 So if want some old template for J1.6, you can use the J1.5 source files for a J1.5 template and using the JAT3 blank template for J1.6, to create a new theme which will ultimately look like the J1.5 template you want. You can take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU2-a0lLKQ0&playnext=1&list=PLBC9B0C0BFE98657E , which is about making a new theme using JAT3 blank template.

Let me know if you need any help with this..

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi guys,

JA Travel for J 1.6 was released on 15th June, i am sorry, but it seems you missed the announcement on the twitter. http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20415

Userguide : http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/userguide-ja-travel-template-for-joomla-2-5/

Tweet & facebook update : JA Travel Template for #joomla 1.6 released. Demo link > http://bit.ly/mtJUJ2

I will make sure the announce the same next time onwards in the forum header.

btw, JA Travel for 1.5 has been updated and version released today. Announcement will follow soon.

Arvind

TomC Moderator

<em>@lorddonk 246531 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I wish the team at Joomlart would release a guide on how to update their J!1.5 themes to J!1.6 ourselves. …</blockquote>
    or J1.7, J1.8 and, eventually, J2.0 . . .

I COULDN’T AGREE WITH YOU MORE !!!

😎

lorddonk Friend

himangi,

Thank you for your response! I do not have any particular template in mind – every time you guys come out with a new one I say “WOW! THIS one is the BEST!” and switch to it 🙂 I was just thinking of other people who might get stuck because their favorite template wouldn’t be updated. Plus, if their was a guide of some sort it would free up JA staff to make even more amazing releases!

Not to get off topic but To be completely honest, I tried to use T3 framework to make a brand new theme (actually I believe you helped me in one or two of my threads!!) but it is just too difficult to work with. Maybe I didn’t give it long enough but I code J! templates for a living and I was confused and frustrated trying to use T3.

Since you said that thought, (and it would make sense now that I think of it) maybe there isn’t a “guide” for how to update a template from 1.5 to 1.6 because JA probably don’t have a “conversion” process for T3 – they just recreate the templates using the blank theme?

Either way I’m completely excited that JaTravel for J1.6 is out! WOO HOO! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lorddonk 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum