Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I dont know if this is a Joomla issue or a Joomla Art issue but I am constantly seeing Joomla Art extensions needing updating but when I check I have the latest version installed. None of the other extensions seem to have this problem and even using Joomla Arts extension manager is a waste of time since it does not work.

So my wish is that Joomla Art remove this update feature in Joomla since it is wrong and using the updater always fails anyway.

Phill Moderator

What s not working in JA extension manager for you? It has worked very well for me.

Kevin Friend

In Joomla 2.5 under the update manager it shows there are updates for the extensions. When I check my installed version against what is available for download I am using the current version. Clearing the cache and checking for updates claims that they are out of date. Using the auto update feature is useless and throws an error (copy failed) and I assumed that was because it is a paid extension so I overlooked that. Although I though I could at least manage them with the Joomla Art extension manager component but it is no better and shows the same problem with out of date extensions when they are not out of date. It to fails when trying to use it to update the extensions. I would assume that there would be a place to add in my user name and password to get updates here but I cannot find that feature anywhere in the settings.

In all honesty of the years I have been a club member I have never been able to make the JA Extension manager work. The classic answer is that my server does not support it. I am the server admin and have tried several different things to get it working with no success. All the other update tools for other extensions work with no issue so I have no idea what is going on?

Phill Moderator

Yes, there is a place to enter your user details. In the services manager on the left from inside the a extension manager you can click on the joomla art service and enter your details.

Next step is to go to the all extensions button. In the search box type JA and press enter. This will bring up a list of all the JA extensions. Then check the select all box then the joomla art updates button on the top right. This switches all the JA extensions to use the JA server to check for updates instead of the local server which is probably where you are getting your error from. Now it is using. A server the versions should be correct. Now tick the select all box then the check for updates button. I am sure you an work out the rest.

Kevin Friend

Thanks Phill,

WOW, I never knew it was that many steps. I always figured it was like all the rest that used the same parameters. Learn something every day.

So I followed your instructions, went back to the Joomla update manager, purged the cache and refreshed the update list but they are still showing up.

In the JA Extension Manager everything is up to date except JA Content Slider but when I click to Upgrade now I get an error that says:

Errors occured during upgrading, please fix them fist
    MySQL path is not configed
    MySQL Dump path is not configed
    Local repository path is not configed

This is an odd database error that I have not encountered before. Any idea why it is showing up and what steps should I take to fix this problem?

Phill Moderator

That is quick to fix and is a normal error first time you use the system as a couple of settings need saving. Just click on configurations on the left then hit the save button.

Yes, it does seem like a lot of steps but only when you start using it and being able to compare updates for your custom changes etc do you realise how useful it is.

As for the standard Joomla updated that currently does not work well for JA updates so please just use the JA extension manager for now.

Kevin Friend

Thanks for the great support Phill, got it working. Now what would be great is to get all this setup in Admincredible so I can manage updates from one location…;) You though I was through complaining didn’t you?…;)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kevin 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum