Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Everytime I log into the admin panel of my site, it shows that updates ARE available. SO, I go to updates and I update the extensions and I always get an error message, something like:

Unknown archive type
    update path does not exist
    Jinstaller:Install: cannot find Joomla XMLsetup file

Then, when i go to control panel, it seems like everything is up to date, but next time i will login, the same will happen again.

Please help, as i don’t know how to solve this problem: it will be very much appreciated.

(image of problem attached)

1. extension-update-problem
    Ninja Lead Moderator

You can use JA Extension Manager component to upgrade. But you need to check in:
    <blockquote>Admin area->Component->JA Extension Manager</blockquote>
    and provide account for “JoomlArt Updater Service” (Click on edit link of JoomlArt Updater Service on JAEM, you will see the form to enter your account into)

Please confirm the product that you want to upgrade belongs to club that you signed up and in-process to upgrade new version from JA Extension Manager.

benmont86 Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 352493 wrote:</em><blockquote> provide account for “JoomlArt Updater Service” (Click on edit link of JoomlArt Updater Service on JAEM, you will see the form to enter your account into)

Please confirm the product that you want to upgrade belongs to club that you signed up and in-process to upgrade new version from JA Extension Manager.</blockquote>

thanks a lot for the reply. but your response is not clear to me, i do not understand how to update using joomlart updater service. what is JAEM? i simply want to update the extensions to keep my sites safe, thats all. I find it too hard to do all that while im supposed to be able to update making one simple click. I will appreciate if you can give me more information. Thanks

Ninja Lead Moderator

You need to put account JOOMLART you signed up into the authentication fields like this screenshot from Admin your site.
    <blockquote>Admin area->Component->JA Extension Manager->Services Manager</blockquote>

then continue to upgrade new version from JA Extension Manager.

1. Account_Joomlart
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum