Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys

does anyone knows how to add a Facebook Like button on each article, keeping the facebook comments block?

Thanks
    Alex

swissa Friend

Don’t know how good you are with coding but you can get code @ facebook – https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/like-button/

If you don’t want to hard-code it then there are plugins on the joomla extensions directory

Hope that helps

alexuk Friend

Hi Swissa

thanks for the reply. I wanted it to be under the title next to the category and author. Do I have to create a module with a position or can I just insert it somewhere pasting the code?

Thanks again
    Alex

swissa Friend

If it’s facebook code then you’ll need to edit default.php located in articles under the over-rides in com_content.

From a plugin? You’ll need to consult the documentation that comes with it. Mostly it’s just a short-code that you enter at the start of the article or the end depending on your preference. All the rest is done by the plugin – which is why so many people use them. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  swissa 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum