Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

My Facebook imported articles contain active URLs which, almost always, give me a 404 error. Also, the link appears “twice”, one active, one plain text, as if the underlying html has been parsed into two parts.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi there,

404 error means that links are invalid or not exist, please check again, and also post your site url here and tell me how can I reproduce that error.

jkriordan Friend

My url is http://americanpilgrims.net

Go to just about any Facebook article and click on active links within articles. Almost always, they give 404 messages.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi again,

Here is what I get when I access your facebook article: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/622/4809627155.png

jkriordan Friend

Yes, links in headlines work, the blue (Source Facebook) link works.

But links within articles will, almost always, give me a 404. See attachment. Try clicking on just about any Facebook article on my site, with a link embedded within the article, and you’ll see what I mean.

The attached graphic also illustrates what I mean about getting “two” links. The active blue link is immediately followed by a plaintext url.

This problem doesn’t appear on the demo.

1. facebooklinks
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi again,

Did you use sh404sef? Please try to disable sef urls and let me know what happens

jkriordan Friend

I don’t use the SH404SEF extension. I do have System – SEF, Enabled, just as it is in the Demo.

I use Joomla 2.5.6 and Wall template, not the quickstart. I installed the most recent JA Social Feed, Pager and Lazyload from your site.

I’m trying realurl.org for URL converter service. I’m also going to try absolute URLs in Tiny MCE.

Is there any other extension which might impact how Wall processes Facebook URLs? Again, my problem is with links WITHIN ARTICLES, and the Demo doesn’t have this problem.

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi jkriordan,

As my answer in ticket system.
    This seems the facebook feed has return some new encode URLs. We will need to update our JA Social Feed plugin to decode those link.
    We will fix it and release new version of JA Social Feed soon.

Regards

jkriordan Friend

Wallcrasher, when will JA Social Feed 1.0.5 be released. I still have the problem with Facebook links embedded within articles giving me 404 errors using 1.0.5.

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi jkriordan,

I am sorry, we have release the new version of JA Social Feed 1.0.5 recently.
    Please update the plugin now.

Hope it work fine on your site.

Regards

jkriordan Friend

Where can I download it? It’s not here:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=3013

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi jkriordan,

Please use JA Extension Manager to update the new version. And make sure you are using JoomlArt services.

🙂

Regards

jkriordan Friend

I know how to use JA Extension Manager. I still need to know where Social Feed 1.0.5 is located for uploading. I’ve installed 1.0.4. I can’t find 1.0.5 anywhere on the Joomlart site.

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi jkriordan,

You do not have to upload the JA Social Feed plugin package.
    Please change Service to ‘JoomlArt Updates’ and and press ‘Check update’ link.

If you still not able to update the plugin, please pm your admin/ftp access information so I can help you out.

Regards

Aleksander Rangelov Friend

I have the same problem – can’t upgrate from extensions manager and allredy sent you an pm with my admin/ftp.
    Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  phenomeno 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum