Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi!

Just want to make a suggestion.

There are lots of great sites focused on fashion and modeling. I am not surprised, for one, agencies and fashion houses earn a great deal of money and most of them will pay to have their sites look good, stylish and classy.

Models (like Daria Werbowy) earn something like $7,500 a day wearing swimsuits on the catwalk…would love to see a nice template from joomlart to showcase these models.

Its not only a great way to promote joomla and joomlart…we get to see great sites (and models) as well.

:p

ShannonN Friend

moviefan;15672Hi!

Just want to make a suggestion.

There are lots of great sites focused on fashion and modeling. I am not surprised, for one, agencies and fashion houses earn a great deal of money and most of them will pay to have their sites look good, stylish and classy.

Models (like Daria Werbowy) earn something like $7,500 a day wearing swimsuits on the catwalk…would love to see a nice template from joomlart to showcase these models.

Its not only a great way to promote joomla and joomlart…we get to see great sites (and models) as well.

:p

Models (like Daria Werbowy) Forget the template just post her piccies

I hear what your saying, but isn’t it starting to ge a bit selfish when everyone that has an immediate need for a certain type of site ( customers waiting, niche market etc ) starts saying lets have this kinda site,I ask for tis etc etc ?

JA knows the market, they know what they already have etc otherwise we end up with really narrow market focussed templates a lot of us can’t use

I have no hairdresser, furniture showrooms, real estate agents, popular bands, store front clamoring for my help so I’m not interested in those type of templates, I actually wonder if many full bottle web design agencies here actually have that many clients in those areas either?

shall we poll the community on their business type and who they have on their books, fro long involvement in support here and the questions support gets asked leads me to believe most users here either don’t know web design, know Joomla and are trying their first template or two?

The percentage of pros would be surprisingly low if we had the facts?

Cheers ShannonN

moviefan Friend

<em>@ShannonN 15689 wrote:</em><blockquote>Models (like Daria Werbowy) Forget the template just post her piccies

I hear what your saying, but isn’t it starting to ge a bit selfish when everyone that has an immediate need for a certain type of site ( customers waiting, niche market etc ) starts saying lets have this kinda site,I ask for tis etc etc ?

JA knows the market, they know what they already have etc otherwise we end up with really narrow market focussed templates a lot of us can’t use

I have no hairdresser, furniture showrooms, real estate agents, popular bands, store front clamoring for my help so I’m not interested in those type of templates, I actually wonder if many full bottle web design agencies here actually have that many clients in those areas either?

shall we poll the community on their business type and who they have on their books, fro long involvement in support here and the questions support gets asked leads me to believe most users here either don’t know web design, know Joomla and are trying their first template or two?

The percentage of pros would be surprisingly low if we had the facts?

Cheers ShannonN</blockquote>

From what I understand by the words ‘request’ and ‘wishlist’ is that its supposed to be based on the webdesigner’s area or shall we say niche’. The idea is to ‘propose’ as in a suggestion. JA has every right to consider or simply ignore the request, as you said, they are the expert and they know the stats.

yeah I agree, selfishness comes into the equation simply because there is a need for it. Otherwise, why would I post a request when I have no need to have such a template? Altruism is a characteristic most of us have.

As for the quantity of websites and clients needed by that part of the industry, as you said, well, I’m no expert either to provide you with official statistics, coz all I have are feedbacks coming from the people who are in the industry. Aside of course from 2 other web designers who are currently doing sites for these models and agents..

“JA knows the market, they know what they already have etc otherwise we end up with really narrow market focussed templates a lot of us can’t use”

I think that’s for the official management of JA to say. The main objective, I believed, is to be able to cater to all markets, with consideration to the number of registered users who might want to have that particular/specific template.

Professional webdesigners with knowledge (expert) in joomla might be getting larger by the second. It might surprise us all, how many of these pros are turning to joomla and using templates here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  moviefan 17 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum