Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I want to add a custom favicon.ico to my website. I can’t seem to find where the file is located. I’ve searched and followed what I’ve read here. I did not see any reference to the icon file in the templates index file. My website address is http://www.Orein.ca. Running Joomla 1.5. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
    Lyle

wiery Friend

It actually looks like a favicon isn’t included in that template. You can still put your own in by placing the favicon into the template files and inserting the code into the head of your index file.

Basically just create yourself a custom favicon.ico file and place it into either the templates main file directory or sometimes I like to keep mine in the site’s main images folder.

Then insert the following code into the head of the templates index.php

<link href="/templates/ja_mageia/favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" />
    or

<link href="/images/favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" />

depending on where you place the favicon. I hope that gives you a better idea.

lyle Friend

Thanks Wiery

That is exactly what I needed to know. I followed your very good instructions and it worked first try! Adding a favicon is a subtle detail but sure looks nice and is also professional. I am impressed and grateful! Thank you!!!

Lyle

wiery Friend

Your welcome.

I totally agree about the favicon. I think it’s the finishing touch on a website. Kind of like the cherry on top of an ice cream sundae.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wiery 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum