Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

possibility to set up favourite forum, so after log in directing to favourite forum.;)

nguyenhuu quang Friend

more descript.
    use Fireboad or Kunea 4rum with Login redirect to your Forums

wooohanetworks Friend

DO NOT USE FIREBOARD! SECURITY LEAK!

Kunena was created by the same guys I shortly ago chatted here in another subforum a bit…so take it how it is and only use Kunena and not the Fireboard.

Thanks!

——–

I do not know, you can set any component as standard main menu link as the frontpage, same with VM, CB or any other one, when this is your question?

Maybe this:

Login modules can always be coded to forward to the desire url, in the modules php files. For the super noobs some modules include a “where to redirect after login” in the module admin where you can add any url like you want!

itdude Friend

i am also interested about this feature 🙂

just_tuan Friend

<em>@zorroh 130316 wrote:</em><blockquote>possibility to set up favourite forum, so after log in directing to favourite forum.;)</blockquote>

In my opinion the best if you use stand alone forum apps, non Joomla. It’s more flexible way to build the community. As the solutions you can use vBulletin, SMF Forum or phpBB.

mj1256 Friend

i’ve been checking out agora, it seems pretty good and integrates with CB

nguyenhuu quang Friend

<em>@just_tuan 134136 wrote:</em><blockquote>In my opinion the best if you use stand alone forum apps, non Joomla. It’s more flexible way to build the community. As the solutions you can use vBulletin, SMF Forum or phpBB.</blockquote>

HI Tuan it the best.
    but need to use Brigde for user acc.
    thanks
    Lamvt

mj1256 Friend

he is right, if you use a standalone forum you need to use a bridge to integrate them with joomla, and then if you want to use CB or jomsocial you may need to do some actual coding.

if you do not code, or have basic skills, you would be best to use a forum designed for joomla like
    agora
    fireboard
    Kunena
    jooBB

they are easy to set up, but they do have their limitations

zorroh Friend

actually my idea wasnt what software you using for forums. idea was that if i log in i see many forum topics etc but for example i only read news forum, so it would be very nice if i can set up that after log in to JA forum, that forum system redirecting me to my favorite JA forum category

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  zorroh 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum