Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’ve looked at the html in the article but it looks perfectly normal to me. Any ideas why the image is missing on the frontpage?

Update: Now it has pushed over to the next column the image appears. ??

1. noimage
    2. articleimage
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Did you figure it out . Your site featured article showing images as i can see .
    I did not saw any issue .

1. Global-Print-Monitor-homeen
    timtecsa Friend

Thanks. I updated original post. It’s only when the article was on the left side slideshow that the image was missing.

Still no idea why.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@timtecsa 433366 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks. I updated original post. It’s only when the image was on the left side slideshow that it was missing.</blockquote>
    On left side articles are showing images fine .
    Let us know if you facing any issue in future , also i Recommend you to use default joomla standard images rule .
    Add images via images and links option in article image .(1.intro image 2. full article image)

timtecsa Friend

I never use images and links. I’ve never found anyone who can explain their purpose 🙂 It is only this one article that has given this problem, recently. When I’ve seen it before it was always caused by a dodgy image URL, but this image URL seems fine.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@timtecsa 433370 wrote:</em><blockquote>I never use images and links. I’ve never found anyone who can explain their purpose 🙂 It is only this one article that has given this problem, recently. When I’ve seen it before it was always caused by a dodgy image URL, but this image URL seems fine.</blockquote>
    We are not forcing you to use images and links options ,
    But our all template using this standard options by Joomla .
    And if there is any issue happen in images due to not using this images and links options
    in that case many times Tweaks are not working and our support follow the standard rules ).
    So its up to you ,to use it or ignore it

timtecsa Friend

Our editor posts articles at an average rate of 1 per minute. I tried to explain that Images and Links were the new way of working but she said it took too much time and the images “disappeared” from the edit window so she couldn’t see them without additional keystrokes. She almost never looks at the front end. I realise that this may be contrary to Joomla “rules” but that’s life.

I still see no purpose whatsoever in this “feature”. Also I’ve been told by others (at Joomlart) not to use it when articles have many images. But we need a single, simple way to work, fast. Adding more steps is not progress.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  timtecsa 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum