Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

When I have a featured K2 item the featured notice is not turning off despite having my category settings set correctly. The eror is occuring on both the categoy list page and the item page. Any advice?

Thanks
    Rowan

1. featured
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Go to K2 article on Admin area and turn off feature both acticle.
    <blockquote>”Upcoming Camera Workshop” and “Daughterless Carp Project Rescued”</blockquote>
    Look at link: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/628/2742087872.png.
    I have helped you off both article above. Please check it again.

rowanwins Friend

Sorry I dont think you understand correctly. I want them to be ‘featured’ (so that I can consume them specifically in other modules) but I dont want the little red flag coming in that says featured. Normally you could remove the red flag by changing some of the settings in the K2 category settings (see attached screeenshot) but these seem to be having no effect.

Thanks

1. featured
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Yeah, this is bug default on K2 Component(3rd party)

<blockquote>K2 component default: components/com_k2/templates/default/category_item.php</blockquote>

<?php echo ($this->item->featured) ? ' catItemIsFeatured' : ''; ?>

This code was missing condition ‘Featured’ notice of K2 component but you can override on this

<blockquote>Open templates/ja_orisite/html/com_k2/templates/orisite/category_item.php</blockquote>

From

Change to

<?php echo ($this->item->params->get('catItemFeaturedNotice') && $this->item->featured) ? ' catItemIsFeatured' : ''; ?>

<blockquote>and templates/ja_orisite/html/com_k2/templates/orisite_blog/category_item.php</blockquote>

From

Change to

<?php echo ($this->item->params->get('catItemFeaturedNotice') && $this->item->featured) ? ' catItemIsFeatured' : ''; ?>

If you have still error please send PM to me with FTP account info. I will help you fix it

rowanwins Friend

Okay thank you that got me on the right path but wasnt the exact solution from

From components/com_k2/templates/default/item.php I deleted
    [PHP]<?php echo ($this->item->featured) ? ‘ itemIsFeatured’ : ”; ?>[/PHP]

And from components/com_k2/templates/default/category_item.php I deleted
    [PHP]<?php echo ($this->item->featured) ? ‘ catItemIsFeatured’ : ”; ?>[/PHP]

Anyway seems to work now 🙂

Ninja Lead Moderator

🙂 Yeah, your solution is deleted “catItemIsFeatured” css of K2. My solution is fitting set “Featured article” and control “Featured notice”.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum