Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello JA,

My 2 cents:

I don’t have any issues with the templates. Those are excellant ones, even the latest Utahia II. Utahia became template of last month and for this month, Utahia II came to the spot.

For my purpose I can’t use Utahia even though I like it, so I was very eager to see something different for April, but instead you released a ‘graphically’ variant of Utahia and called it as Utahia II. Now I have lost the 1 template out of my membership period.

Are all the other users feeling the same?

Shouldn’t thse variations be given as an option rather than released as a template?

Cordially,
    drb

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi drb07,
    Thank you for your comments.
    The version II of a template is released only when the template is hot and people want to use it for many websites with many purposes. Template variations are good way to maximize the use of templates, and of cause there is a reason for us to call it Utahia II
    Our design team always tryout best to give you more templates, more choices and that is why, last October, we decided to release 1 more template each month and give members more choices of design.

Many members will agree that with the standard of design of the released JA template, we are one of the best among lot of Joomla templates providers.

About Utahia II, we had been more ambitious to redesign it into a total new and revamped versions. But we have finally gone closely with the original concept.
    <blockquote>Now I have lost the 1 template out of my membership period.</blockquote>

It will not be the very big thing because you had already 27 templates and 20+ templates more until expired date (you signed up on Feb 07)
    Isn’t it a good deal? 😉

ShannonN Friend

Hung Dinh;11861Hi drb07,
    Thank you for your comments.
    The version II of a template is released only when the template is hot and people want to use it for many websites with many purposes. Template variations are good way to maximize the use of templates, and of cause there is a reason for us to call it Utahia II
    Our design team always tryout best to give you more templates, more choices and that is why, last October, we decided to release 1 more template each month and give members more choices of design.

Many members will agree that with the standard of design of the released JA template, we are one of the best among lot of Joomla templates providers.

About Utahia II, we had been more ambitious to redesign it into a total new and revamped versions. But we have finally gone closely with the original concept.

It will not be the very big thing because you had already 27 templates and 20+ templates more until expired date (you signed up on Feb 07)
    Isn’t it a good deal? 😉

Hmmn I tend to agree that each template should be different, the changes between the two Utalia is minimal and given you cannot supply the correct psd images for Utalia II 3 days after release as well as missing fonts ……

A competitor has released a good template better features than Utahlia with 15 colour variations, how many colour variations are built in to Utalia again?

While JA has a slight edge in design at the moment, The others are starting to catch up and offer better templates, more features and way more colours and menu options/module positions.

If you just keep on producing a slight variation on each template to make your promised ‘2 templates’ each month you’ll lose business quickly.

I consider what changes are implemented in Utahlia II should have been released in the first Utahlia as just added features. Not padded out to make another template

Just my 2 cents worth
    ShannonN

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@ShannonN 11866 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hmmn I tend to agree that each template should be different, the changes between the two Utalia is minimal and given you cannot supply the correct psd images for Utalia II 3 days after release as well as missing fonts ……

A competitor has released a good template better features than Utahlia with 15 colour variations, how many colour variations are built in to Utalia again?

While JA has a slight edge in design at the moment, The others are starting to catch up and offer better templates, more features and way more colours and menu options/module positions.

If you just keep on producing a slight variation on each template to make your promised ‘2 templates’ each month you’ll lose business quickly.

I consider what changes are implemented in Utahlia II should have been released in the first Utahlia as just added features. Not padded out to make another template

Just my 2 cents worth
    ShannonN</blockquote>
    Should we reduce the template numbers for each month and give more color variations :confused: ? An old idea now come back to mind….

ShannonN Friend

Hung Dinh;11877Should we reduce the template numbers for each month and give more color variations :confused: ? An old idea now come back to mind….

I have no real answer to that one Hung? My membership runs for some time yet so I take whatever is offered like it or dislike it.

But if you reduce to one template each month it needs more than a lot of colours added to satisfy the clientèle it will require more features as well

You probably need the template to have two distinct menu variations as well, to stop ppl from over customisation or silly support requests to change menu positions etc .

That is:
    One template has left menu system, one has right menu system hard coded. in effect you are producing two templates but have the full month to complete, test and supply graphics fonts, etc

If in doubt as which direction is better put up a poll for a few days ask the membership, send all members a pm, email say “vote now for your club direction” blah blah ?

Cheers ShannonN

Hung Dinh Friend

<blockquote>If in doubt as which direction is better put up a poll for a few days ask the membership, send all members a pm, email say “vote now for your club direction” blah blah ?</blockquote>
    Thank you for your suggestion, not a bad ideal at all

luke2125 Friend

I think JA, will be ahead of the competition, if it began to developed .mobi Templates for the mobile community, as of right now, no competitor is doing such thing. Just my humble opinion….Thanks and God Bless…

ShannonN Friend

luke2125;11901I think JA, will be ahead of the competition, if it began to developed .mobi Templates for the mobile community, as of right now, no competitor is doing such thing. Just my humble opinion….Thanks and God Bless…

That may be true but I don’t do mobi sites? I doubt whether 10 % of members have any mobi work, while you may need that I would then be stuck with 1 or more templates I can’t really use?

Balaji Ramanathan Friend

JA team-

thanks for hearing from us.

Before I became a member these were the positives with you:
    1. Excellant designs – so far far better than other competitors.
    2. Worth the money – 2 templates/month is the best.
    3. Good support – (gets troublesome at times, but is the best)

Problems will arise for users like me if:
    1. You release the same template with variations as part II in a month eventhough it is popular.
    2. If you reduce from 2 to 1 template/month. Then you are “Equalling” yourself to your competitors.
    3. If you don’t alternate between sytles – like wistry, Utahia, which are miles apart.

My humble suggestion would be to give 2 templates/ month but totally different to stay on the competition. Otherwise you are giving yourself away and getting people to rethink about renewing membership (not that I have second thoughts).

I am glad to see people like Shannon are also having similar thoughts.

drb

luke2125 Friend

That may be true but I don’t do mobi sites? I doubt whether 10 % of members have any mobi work, while you may need that I would then be stuck with 1 or more templates I can’t really use?

Ok, you may not, but I do, and I just think that’s where everything is headed, I mean we have practically news on phones already, now the .mobi just recently launched, and there already companies investing in such venture…..I think it will be beneficial for Joomlart to do something refreshing and new, I’m not saying to turn away from the status quo, but do something different….

Thanks and God Bless….

ShannonN Friend

luke2125;11912Ok, you may not, but I do, and I just think that’s where everything is headed, I mean we have practically news on phones already, now the .mobi just recently launched, and there already companies investing in such venture…..I think it will be beneficial for Joomlart to do something refreshing and new, I’m not saying to turn away from the status quo, but do something different….

Thanks and God Bless….

Blessings to you Luke

I hear what you are saying, but if you want mobi templates cause its your current job etc, Dave wants web 2.0 templates cause he promotes that area, I want shopping cart templates, bill wants forum templates. These are NOT a general thing but every man and his dog wanting a template to meet the current project, where does it all end, Luke?

I really think the membership should have input and direct the direction of JA, I like having a say, I like contributing we all do.

I’d even suggest Hung, put up a poll with 6 selections of template types including mobi, web 2.0, Flash content,SMF forum template etc

and if the majority wants mobi then next months template is mobi, if smf forum or Virtue mart cart etc next months template reflects that choice, at least that way its a MAJORITY decision
    not a passing or maybe fad or the one off to help 1 designer complete a project right now?

Happy Easter all remember it’s not about Easter eggs it’s about Jesus

ShannonN

luke2125 Friend

Blessings to you Luke

I hear what you are saying, but if you want mobi templates cause its your current job etc, Dave wants web 2.0 templates cause he promotes that area, I want shopping cart templates, bill wants forum templates. These are NOT a general thing but every man and his dog wanting a template to meet the current project, where does it all end, Luke?

I really think the membership should have input and direct the direction of JA, I like having a say, I like contributing we all do.

I’d even suggest Hung, put up a poll with 6 selections of template types including mobi, web 2.0, Flash content,SMF forum template etc

and if the majority wants mobi then next months template is mobi, if smf forum or Virtue mart cart etc next months template reflects that choice, at least that way its a MAJORITY decision
    not a passing or maybe fad or the one off to help 1 designer complete a project right now?

Happy Easter all remember it’s not about Easter eggs it’s about Jesus

Amen to that…..

Yeah, I forgot about the part of just having 1 template per month….hmmm, but it’s worth a try….

Thanks and God Bless….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  luke2125 17 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum