Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

I have submitted premium support request two days ago. No reply. Very disheartening.

All of a sudden fireboard stopped working on my site. I have no idea why. I didn’t touch it. I have a link to it on my top menu, and when I went to click it the other day, I got the error below. It was working fine up until that point. I did a search on Google for this error and I found tons of sites that have fireboard that are also broken and showing the error. Can anyone assist me with this? Please?

<blockquote>Table ‘company_joomla.jos_fb_whoisonline’ doesn’t exist SQL=INSERT INTO jos_fb_whoisonline (`userid` , `time`, `what`, `task`, `do`, `func`,`link`, `userip`, `user`) VALUES (‘0’, ‘1238003927’, ‘Forum Main’,”,”,”,’/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=85′, ‘75.45.127.95’, ‘0’)
    variable value
    $0 “
    key value
    $file “/home/company/company.com/components/com_fireboard/sources/fb_debug.php”
    $line “36”
    $function “debug_callstackinfo”
    Nested Array

$1 “
    key value
    $file “/home/company/company.com/components/com_fireboard/sources/fb_debug.php”
    $line “45”
    $function “trigger_dberror”
    Nested Array

$2 “
    key value
    $file “/home/company/company.com/components/com_fireboard/fireboard.php”
    $line “436”
    $function “check_dberror”
    Nested Array

$3 “
    key value
    $file “/home/company/company.com/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php”
    $line “162”
    Nested Array
    $function “require_once”

$4 “
    key value
    $file “/home/company/company.com/includes/application.php”
    $line “124”
    $function “renderComponent”
    $class “JComponentHelper”
    $type “->”
    Nested Array

$5 “
    key value
    $file “/home/company/company.com/index.php”
    $line “68”
    $function “dispatch”
    $class “JSite”
    $type “->”
    Nested Array

Fatal error: Unable load accessible categories for user.nDB function failed with error number 1146
    Table ‘boleroinc_joomla.jos_fb_categories’ doesn’t exist SQL=SELECT id FROM jos_fb_categories WHERE pub_access=0 AND published=1
    SQL =

SELECT id FROM jos_fb_categories WHERE pub_access=0 AND published=1

in /home/company/company.com/components/com_fireboard/sources/fb_debug.php on line 37</blockquote>

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

May be you can also ask your hosting co about the last backup of your site, hosting co generally take regular backups. May be that help in restoring unbroken fireboard.

Phill Moderator

I would suggest you install the replacent for Fireboard, Kuena.

Just install it then point your menu to it and it should work fine. If you are using the template that comes with sandine you will need to rename one file for that template to work. I’ll post details if you decide to go down that route.

It is strongly recommended that you do as there have been a number of bug and security fixes.

http://www.kunena.com/

bolero1 Friend

Thanks, Phill. I was considering doing just that, so I think I will follow your advice. Can you please post details on what file I will need to edit?

THANK YOU

bolero1 Friend

You’re noit going to believe this… but I uninstalled Fireboard, installed Kunena, pointed the link to Kunena, and the same e x a c t error is coming up now for Kunena. What in the world?

Phill Moderator

I should have read your error properly. It seems that your SQL tables are corrupt.

The table in question doesn’t actually contain much apart from details of (funnily enough) who is currently online. If you have phpmyadmin you could simply re-create the table ‘company_joomla.jos_fb_whoisonline’ with no entries and that may fix your problem but please make a backup of your database first. This particular entry is the most written to so is the most likely to get corrupt.

If that does not work and the system throws up another error thenyou will probably have to speak to your host and get them to restore a backup (that is assuming you don’t have backups).

While we are on the subject of backups, there are comonents that you can install to Joomla that will automatically take backups of your database at regular intervals and email the resulting backup to you. I would recommend anyone who does not have a backup system do this as it saves a lot of hassle if things like this go wrong.

bolero1 Friend

Weird. Most of the FB tables are not even there. When I go to install Kunena, I get a 500 internal server error, yet it still shows up as a component. But apparently the tables are not getting populated in the DB. I have put a support ticket in with Dreamhost, and will find out if there is a server issue right now. I am hoping the whole db is not corrupt somehow. Help

Phill Moderator

Good luck. I hope they have backups. Hopefully they do and after this experience you will make your own backups.

As for installing Kuena, it sees an old install there so just inherits the tables from that. The script will not try and recreate tables as if it did you would loose your old data. You could uninstall kuena, remove all the fb tables and then re-install kuena and you would have a working system but you would have lost all your data.

As for editing the template, I will have to search for the thread on here where I explained last time as I have forgotten which file to edit. It was just a simple rename.

ShannonN Friend

phill luckhurst;120280I would suggest you install the replacent for Fireboard, Kuena.

Just install it then point your menu to it and it should work fine. If you are using the template that comes with sandine you will need to rename one file for that template to work. I’ll post details if you decide to go down that route.

It is strongly recommended that you do as there have been a number of bug and security fixes.

http://www.kunena.com/

I’m suss of it as its not native Joomla 1.5 yet whether that means legacy mode or the fact that it woreks anyway? I don’t know

Phill Moderator

Yeah, I wish they would hurry up and finish the native version. As FB is in the same state there is little choice.

There is some good news on the forum front, Mehdi has now released his excellent bridge for phpbb3.

http://www.mehdiplugins.com/misc/phpbbjoom.htm

With a little effort it works really well.

ShannonN Friend

phill luckhurst;120333Yeah, I wish they would hurry up and finish the native version. As FB is in the same state there is little choice.

There is some good news on the forum front, Mehdi has now released his excellent bridge for phpbb3.

http://www.mehdiplugins.com/misc/phpbbjoom.htm

With a little effort it works really well.

Yeah but bridges are as bad as not native stuff all slows down the site and adds more complexity that can break

Phill Moderator

Fortunately, I have never yet had a problem with any of Mehdi’s bridges. I use his Coppermine one as the current crop of Joomla galleries just do not do what I need. That and I like Coppermine. I’ve been using it for so long now it would be hard to change.

Some bridges are however, truely sh1t.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@ShannonN 120336 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yeah but bridges are as bad as not native stuff all slows down the site and adds more complexity that can break</blockquote>

In agreement, have read it at many places in Joolma forums advising to avoid bridges and some of the bridges can even compromise the security of joomla site.

bolero1 Friend

I don’t care about losing data. It was a new site and no one had even used the forum yet. I have uninstalled everything, and dropped all FB tables.. and still I get an internal server error when trying to install Kunena. This is driving me crazy. Spent my whole day on it. May have to wipe the whole site out as I can not figure out what is causing this install error. Server error log says:

[Wed Mar 25 15:11:21 2009] Premature end of script headers: php5.cgi, referer: http://mysite.com/administrator/index.php

Help

johnnydement Friend

why don’t you come to our forum if you need support with kunena?
    http://www.kunena.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bolero1 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum