Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

I have posted to the Kunena forum. No answer

bolero1 Friend
    johnnydement Friend

bolero1;120366http://www.kunena.com/forum?func=view&catid=16&id=9634#9634

I’ll answer here as is where you started the thread. It’s been just 2 hours since you created the post 😉

It seems to me your php max execution time is set up to be pretty short… Joomla unzipper is pretty slow, so big extensions have problems with it, seems to me database creation was not done properly during install.

Please, edit or contact your ISP to increase execution time, or try to install from URL instead from package.

You can find tips and suggestions to bypass this problem in our documentation, docs.kunena.com

Thanks

bolero1 Friend

Ty for your message. Trouble is, I have installed Kunena on two other domains on this same server without any problems, so I know the PHP/server settings are ok. For some reason this domain will not let me install. I also just tried to install via URL too and it once again timed out. Gets stuck on “waiting for mydomain.com” then peters out with internal error

ShannonN Friend

bolero1;120371Ty for your message. Trouble is, I have installed Kunena on two other domains on this same server without any problems, so I know the PHP/server settings are ok. For some reason this domain will not let me install. I also just tried to install via URL too and it once again timed out. Gets stuck on “waiting for mydomain.com” then peters out with internal error

Bolero
    Are you on a shared server? If so you cannot guarantee that the past two successful installs were not a result of ‘no load’ on the shared server, that is, faster execution and no time outs, I’d get the max timeout altered as suggested Just to eliminate that factor from the possibilities. I’m using Fireboard within Sanidine II on a site that I hope will be a commercial venture and was thinking going to Kunena but I definately want to follow this thread if only to add product knowledge to my arsenal.

johnnydement
    When is the native 1.5 version being released or Beta tested, I’ll be ok to Beta test if available
    Cheers ShannonN

bolero1 Friend

Shannon, I gave up. I instead went with JooBB. It is incredibly easy to install (took 2 min max), clean, light, and CSS-tweak-friendly. I could not be happier. In my opinion Kunena and Fireboard have far too many features for what most clients want/need anyways.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bolero1 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum