Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have set site to go offline but the site still remains in front end. Have checked that I am logged out at front and back, have cleared all cookies for site, plus cleared browser cache, nothing makes any difference.

When I check site on both Opera and IE, they both show site offline page. So it looks like it might be a Template/Firefox issue. I have checked this on two PCs and Firefox show the site online on both pcs.

How to fix it?

Thanks

TomC Moderator

Have you tried clearing the JAT3 cache as well? . . . Can’t hurt

Incidentally, the site is showing as “offline” on Chrome too.

gws2 Friend

Grrreat! Thanks Tom. That worked a treat.

The next question that then arises is why does this JA cache effect only Firefox and not Opera/IE or Chrome?

Cheers

TomC Moderator

THAT is a very good question . . . and I wish I could provide you with a concise answer that makes me look like God’s Gift to all that is Joomla …. but alas, I do not know. It could be how FireFox interprets php code, or some data that was caught up within the JAT3 cache that FireFox was still accessing. Your guess is as good as mine.

All’s well that ends well though – yes?

😎

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum