Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hey all
    The following is still undergoing work and totally bespoke to exactly how my boss and I wanted it but I’m proud to show it off.

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

http://www.lifeskillsdevelopment.org

Thanks.

jimmer Friend

Clean Crisp site. I am sure the client likes it….;)

sunrise Friend

Looks very good. Bright colors. I also find it interesting to look at some of these sites. There is always interesting ways of doing things, color combinations and in give me ideas to try out as well.

hanifahmed Friend

Anyone, any ideas on how it can be improved?

cjmicro Friend

I like the site, especially the fact that it’s easy on the eyes and the colors are sparse but matching and effective. I think you could make the purpose clearer. I think it is in the About Us.

<blockquote><<provide quality training programs at affordable prices for the masses>></blockquote>

So maybe you could include a tagline like that in the header, or above the slideshow? Or include some key phrases in the slideshow (captions). Captions like “train your staff in important lifesaving methods” or “take the stress out of planning your training sessions” etc.

How about including a call to action on each class description… like “to set up a course like this at your business (school…or wherever you do this), contact us now. and use your course booking form (because I didn’t see that at first)

Maybe you can you add some images, smaller ones, either in the class descriptions or the about section. Like the photo on your contact page, it looks nice. Maybe other pages could have similar size/style photos.

Just some ideas, since you asked, but I think it’s a great site, and the services provided seem comprehensive and useful.

Good luck,
    Cheryl

hanifahmed Friend

Cheryl,

Thank you very much for your feedback and input – it will be used wisely and with gratitude!

It’s always good to get a third opinion on things – and if anyone has any more suggestions for improvement please let me know!

Thanks

P.S. VOTE FOR IT IN THIS MONTHS COMPETITION!

bennitos Friend

Good looking site, clear and attractive.

You might consider using search friendly url’s with a module like 404sef to create more readable url’s.

Some of the menu items seem to be cut off and not big enough in height, for example the Child protection awareness.

Thats about all i can find so well done!

PS. Vote for my site in the vote of the month too 😛

questbg Friend

Nice clean site and easy to navigate, well done!

One question, on the contact page only the info@ e-mail addy is an actual link, the sales@ and customerservice@ are not. Was this intentional?

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Yes, agree with them. Easy to navigate, clear, clean, neat. This kind of website will attract high traffic. 🙂

sunrise Friend

Not sure what you could do to improve it. It looks nice and it’s easy to get around. A few more pictures would be nice, as was mentioned. Also the drop down menu, the back ground color does not quite cover the menu item when you have two lines of text. Not sure how you would fix this, if the bg could somehow be wider if the text is over two lines. It’s not a big thing though. Overall it is very nice, informative and easy to use. Great work!

hanifahmed Friend

questbg;108233
    on the contact page only the info@ e-mail addy is an actual link, the sales@ and customerservice@ are not. Was this intentional?

Hi Quest – yes this was intentional – simply because of the fact that I didn’t get around to working out how I can insert multiple email addresses into the same contact and have them all hyperlinked and with an individual mail icon!

If anyone has any suggestions on how to do this (or if I’m just being stupidily dumb about this) – please let me know! I have about 4 email addresses I wish to use on one page.

Thanks guys!

reachthesky Friend

I think you might want to consider using a bit more images in Content to refresh the view 🙂

wooohanetworks Friend

Let’s start another round…

1. Sites like this, that have a clear white uni background, need to be aligned left. You will rarely see a site without background using the center postition, this is only useful when having certain design attributes on the left and the right side. This is an unwritten rule. Sites like the NY Times, magazines use to align their sites to centered but as long you do not define the site itself as the content standing apart from the white bg on the the left and right, one side in white, mostly the right one, is simply enough and adequate.

You can do this with changing the margin code line in ja#wrapper to “margin:0 auto 0 0;” and “text-align: left;”.

2. The header needs a border on the top, design wise the site has no beginning and no ending without clearly defining a top starting line like a matching border or even shadowing border on top of the header / logo. This issue only comes up when using plain white as background for the header and the space on the side, outside the body or wrapper is the same color. This makes the site float unneccesarily.

3. Consider using some front head shots of people’s faces as first picture for the slideshow, currently no one knows if the message goes to oneself or to people somewhere…

4. The links in the right column should be colored dark grey and maybe a red hover effect, red as standard does not perfectly match the topic of the site in general and also bites the eyes of the visitors as the module headers also have a similar strong dark red tone.

5. There need to be more graphic elements between the text blocks on the frontpage, right now it is not clearly defined what belongs to what and what the difference is between the contents of each block. Right now it looks like the frontpage is an about us page that still needs some clear borders between content blocks. The original Edenite Frontpage gives example about how it should look.

In general, the site and content is floating too much, especially due to the use of unpersonal images in the slideshow. When visiting a site, people must be looking into clear defined expressions and only images that give a holding point should be used at all, no pattern images without telling a story I have had to heard about before.

As it is about first aid, medical assistance, right now people will feel like suddenly being on the doctor’s table, the steps of “Stepping into the room, saying hello, exchanging info, treatment and leaving again” is missing. One must always have the same feeling as when physically going to the office of the company, doctor or therapist. The treatment or therapy should not begin here on the site already but later, after people have gotten the needed info to schedule a visit, not already beforewards.

Hope this helps, as the site looks very clean and sorted but some points definitely need to be cleared or changed a bit.

Thanks!;)

jsliao Friend

Looks good, very clean and crisp but could do with more images esp around the walls of text in the frontpage.

i find one of the imagesin the slideshow out of place. its the one of what looks like a wrist with henna tattoos reseted upon some fabric material… not sure how that image relates to the content of the site.

other than that, a relatively good job! cheers!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  jsliao 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum