Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Would like some feedback on this, still adding information

http://www.fieldsofathenry.ie/vcart/index.php

Cheers.

gumbet Friend

<em>@robbie1 109222 wrote:</em><blockquote>Would like some feedback on this, still adding information

http://www.fieldsofathenry.ie/vcart/index.php

Cheers.</blockquote>

looks nice anyway

robbie1 Friend

Thanks Gumbet

tkc12 Friend

The design is easy on the eyes and simple to use for the users.

You may want to state your payment options in your site so your customers will know beforehand.

Good luck to your site!

scotty Friend

“… where once we watched the small free birds fly… ”

Looks nice. I’d stick a few more products on the front page, maybe some special offers or something. It’s a little bare looking as is.

Your fav.icon should be green.

A couple of nice scenic shots of Athenry might be nice too. Pro shots, not something that looks like it came from a mobile phone.

Sin é díreach atá ag teastáil! – Nice Job!

reachthesky Friend

It looks good. Thou i agree with scotty. the favicon is blue and looks mmm well it just doesnt fit to the eyes: here are some other suggestions:

you might want to place some modules below content to extend the width of the site. for my eyes is just too short. it would be nice as well if you could add like a pdf catalog for users to download and view a product per page with a huge image and description.

hope that helps! 🙂

robbie1 Friend

Thanks scotty & reachthesky,

I hadn’t picked up on the favicon… it’s now changed. There is still content to be added to the site overall particularly the home page, but I do like the suggestions from both of you (scotty – photos, reachforthesky – catalogue). I’ll have to incorporate them.

Thanks again for the feedback. Greatly appreciated.

😀

TomC Moderator

You know what – I like it.

It almost feels like you took the cool styling of a Magento site, and incorporated it into a VirtueMart based store. I also like the way you condensed the site to fit on the screen without scrolling. Sometimes I like scrolling sites – but in this case, you made the right choice.

Nice work !!!

scotty Friend

reachthesky;109687if you could add like a pdf catalog for users to download and view a product per page with a huge image and description. [/quote] I fail to see the logic in doing this unless maybe it is for wholesale customers – but no need for online customers to have a pdf.

I also like the way you condensed the site to fit on the screen without scrolling.

This completely depends on the viewers monitor.

Robbie are you in the clothes business yourself or are you doing the website for the company?

Some nice gear on there and the prices are good. I would imagine though that it’s a very tough business to survive in without getting into the big retail chains particularly in the current economy. Are the clothes Irish made? If so it should be advertised heavily on the front page!

Well done on the product photos. They’re top class

You need to advertise your security and payment options on the front page. This is essential for online shopper confidence. Well done on the product photos though. They’re top class!! And having pro studio product shots like that really enhances an ecommerce site. Always money well spent.

Have you tried a lighter background on the sides? where the almost black colour is? It’s not bad as it is but might be better if it were lighter.

The new favicon looks much better but I’m still seeing the blue one on product pages etc… make sure to delete all instances of the old one.

sunrise Friend

The site looks fine.

you wrote: We are a family business based on the outskirts of the historic town of Athenry in the County of Galway. You could put some more about this historic town, some of the history or pictures at least. I think that would add a bit to the site.

One mroe comment. Once I got on the site and clicked on Him and Her, I wanted to go back to the home page, but there was no link to Home. Then I tried to go to the main page, or so I thought, but there was no real site on the url http://www.fieldsofathenry.ie, but maybe that is coming.

One last thing, regarding the favicon. Agreed, it should be green, but also it could have some of the same design and you are using on the site, for continuity.

Those are just my comments. The site has a lot of ;potential though, and I hope you are succesful with it.

robbie1 Friend

Thanks tcraw1010 for the feedback. Its nice to get positive feedback. 🙂

robbie1 Friend

Hi Scotty,

I’m doing this for a friend of mine – my first time using Joomla so I’m probably missing obvious things like the favicon, security and payment options, etc. Thanks for the heads up on those (still waiting on confirmation on payment method so nothing up yet).

Big retail chains… I think he is working on that!

Tried a lighter background originally but friend preferred dark colour. I think the lighter colour made the whole thing look a bit washed out as well.

Missed the favicon thing again – never thought of the fact that it has to be updated in a number of placed. I’ve done that now and change the artwork to match the logo on the site a bit better.

Thanks again for the feed back it all helps tighten up the job.

robbie1 Friend

sunrise,

I think I will add a bit about the town, ground it a bit more with the locality/history of it.

I know what you are saying about the home thing. I’ve included a link in the footer to the home page and it the logo is clicked it brings you back to the home page as well. At the moment it is not a live site so it is in a subdirectory that is why http://www.fieldsofathenry.ie is just a holding page. By the way any advise on how to move it to the main directory so it makes http://www.fieldsofathenry.ie the default location for this?

I looked at the favicon again based on what you suggested and changed it to reflect the logo on the site and it works a lot better.

Thanks for the tips and pointers, greatly appreciated.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  robbie1 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum