Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hey guys,

I’m trying to perfom an install and I keep getting the following message.

“SQL= DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `edgr_assets”

I get all the way to the final phase and then during the install it kicks me back to the database step with the above messagte. I’ve tried several times and I’ve tried installing Fixel and Purity both. The edgr is asset prefix by the way. I’ve included an illustration to help clarify.

Can someone help me out — tell me why this is and how to fix it.

Thanks
    BigMagic

1. Illustration-III
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    It seems like the database table already contains >> edgr_assets
    can you Drop all the table of your DB that you created for quickstart
    and try to install the quickstart package again ,
    Let me know if it helps

bigmagic2014 Friend

Thanks Pankajsharma,

Ill drop the database and try reinstall, but just to let you know it did the same thing with two different other prefix assets. Will give it a go and lot you know.

Thanks for the info

bigmagic2014 Friend

Still having same problem.

Question shouldn’t Fixel Quick start install Same as Joomla? Because I’ve installed several Joomla sites with no problem at all and I’m installing Fixel same exact way,

Would there be Some other reason for this, or is there some different method of dropping the data base I need to incorporate?

I just simply go to PHP my admin — Databases — ok the database and dick on drop at the bottom

Let me know what you come up with

Thanks
    Big Magic

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello bigmagic ….
    Please check your PM

TomC Moderator

<em>@bigmagic2014 439877 wrote:</em><blockquote>Still having same problem.

Question shouldn’t Fixel Quick start install Same as Joomla? Because I’ve installed several Joomla sites with no problem at all and I’m installing Fixel same exact way,

Would there be Some other reason for this, or is there some different method of dropping the data base I need to incorporate?

I just simply go to PHP my admin — Databases — ok the database and dick on drop at the bottom

Let me know what you come up with

Thanks
    Big Magic</blockquote>

So when you tried your reinstall – you started with a complete fresh/clean install, including a fresh/new database?

Are you uploading the quickstart installation files to your server via FTP?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello as per PM i got from you, you are working on localhost
    we have tested JA Fixal quickstart on local host as well as on server .
    its working fine .. no issue in the installation .
    please check you XAmp settings .. or install it again .
    if you have any issue to install it on live server we can happily help you , but we can not assume the issue on your local server and in xamp .
    please install the quikcstart on live server , let us know if you have same issue on live server . we will help you 🙂

bigmagic2014 Friend

thanks for getting back guys,

I reinstalled Fixel but I still had multiple instances of Joomla. What I’ll do is uninstall everything (including XAMP) and reinstall with Fixel.

Maybe that will do the trick.

We’ll let you know how works out.

BigMagic

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

we have tested quikcstart on local system,, its working well .
    The issue is may be in your system or in the Xamp settings .
    Let us know if you facing the issue on live server .
    we will check it for you and fix it if we found some glitch in it .

bigmagic2014 Friend

Thanks guys for getting back and keeping the thread active until we could get it resolved.

It took me a minute to get back to installing Fixel.

Anyway, what I discovered on Wamp server is that everything works fine, just as should if I install Fixel first before Joomla. If I install Fixel first, I can install additional Joomlart templates plus multiple instances of Joomla just as normal.

I haven’t tried XAMP yet but I’m guessing it works the same.

–Just figured I’d try installing Fixel first.

I’m glad i got a solution, but I’m mystified as to why this is. Do you have a clue as to why this might be? I’d just like to know why it works this way for my own knowledge base.

And thanks so much for all your help.
    Big Magic

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<blockquote>I’m glad i got a solution, but I’m mystified as to why this is. Do you have a clue as to why this might be? I’d just like to know why it works this way for my own knowledge base.
    </blockquote>

Hello
    glad you got solution , as i told you above there are some issue in your xamp server with local system ,
    i tested it on xamp and its works fine on my end , so its really hard to assume what is causing in this whole issue .
    All the best for you development site 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum