Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Just a request, for something like the above, I’ve not found anything like the above.

It’d be pretty good to have to add to the collection.

What do you think?

jay973 Friend

Its certainly something very different and as there seems to be new restaurants/take-aways opening every week, very relevant too.

Good Idea.:)

Cheers,

Jason.

wooohanetworks Friend

I had this idea like a few months ago already and the response from other members was kind of awkward. (Who needs that, who needs a restaurant template, rubbish, rubbish…:))

Let’s face it, replace the demo content with what you want and you have any topic you need. I think to only focus on the layout and the color options all the available and previewed templates need it the only useful way, to look for some demo content with your taste makes no more sense. I say this as I think it makes no sense to focus on demo content when your client will later add the pics from his diner to it anyway and will not use the demo content.

And when you have clients that need such to get attracted to use your services, create your own demos…;)

What is also fun, take the chance and make it like I did with the JA Cooper Theme Carbon, maybe use the JA Quartz preview pics in the thread and add pics on it you with the topic you want a template to look like. Then upload those here and share your ideas…

The whole deal is strange anyway, when you look at TemplateMonster.com Templates you see they present their templates in categories like also Restaurant etc.. but the difference is that all the Joomla Club Templates, not only Joomlart.com present their topics mostly only with demo content. The other ones have “hardcoded” design attributes that make them to pure one topic templates and you can’t just replace the demo content with your own stuff as easy as with Joomla. The graphics and designs are mostly not demo content but PSD attributions.

That is the difference, and this makes it easier to create whatever you want with those templates, where the others really can only be used for the one designated purpose they were created on, and to change those makes no sense, you simply can buy another one for the same price that is in the desired category…;)

wooohanetworks Friend

For instance, I tried the same as with Real Estate for Food, Dining etc. with JA ZinC. Especially when you make some minor changes on the background of the Christmas Theme, it looks typical easy chilling, eating….also the dark theme looks kind of good for bars and so on, the green grass one just as some contrast to those 2…

More Goes here: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-show-my-moduls-on-mobile/

didim Friend

cafe bar would be nice but more tidy one

wooohanetworks Friend

Ironic that Rockettheme now offers a restaurant related template, the Akiraka. I think I will go to RT too soon. JA Templates are great and nice, but I think it is time to get some additional flavor in the future.;)

No, I am just joking, but still I may sign up there too, never really looked over RT at all before. 😀

didima Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 115283 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ironic that Rockettheme now offers a restaurant related template, the Akiraka. I think I will go to RT too soon. JA Templates are great and nice, but I think it is time to get some additional flavor in the future.;)

No, I am just joking, but still I may sign up there too, never really looked over RT at all before. :D</blockquote>

Is there any offers with Rocketthemes ?

ShannonN Friend

spmedia;108135Just a request, for something like the above, I’ve not found anything like the above.

It’d be pretty good to have to add to the collection.

What do you think?

I’ve always wondered at how the restaurant would benefit from a restaurant site, please allow me time to explain :). To be of real value and benefit, you need more than just an online menu and phone numbers?

it would need to allow advance bookings, have a SET menu, which I imagine for some restaurants is hard as it does change week to week in some ‘fancy’ upmarket places? Now if you book online there needs to be confirmations of a table at xx time and date, that means a reporting feature ?module? the end user can print show to ‘maitre de’ and make sure no double bookings occur with the std phone and walk ins etc. Then to avoid prankster bookings and change of mind ppl, you must have a deposit via credit card to reserve table?

Given these ( IMHO) contraints is such a template, feasable or needed at all being so limited and specific? or am I overcompliating it and all is need is actually a shiny online menu and contact details with a few images of inside decor?

Just my thoughts
    ShannonN

I think

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ShannonN 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum