Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Thanks for this powerful and versatile system. The capacity to link to custom modules is amazing. But I need to know a new trick. When the click is on the right side of the page, at the extreme right end of the main menu, I want to force the dropdown to the left instead of having it deploy off canvas to the right. You seem to use this trick on your demo sites. What code do I use and where?
    Thanks,
    -Jim G.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello can you please Add a screenshot and illustrate your issues in it ..
    Also share your working site url , so that i can assist you better:)

gribblej Friend

I can’t get a screen shot because I can’t keep the dropdown toggle open; but you can see the developmental site at nevsinc.com.The dropdown I would like to force to the left is “Custom Labels.”
    Many thanks!
    -Jim G.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello do you want the dropdown menu in the left hand side in the small devices
    like this >> http://prntscr.com/4ep7kw

from right to left >>> http://prntscr.com/4ep84y
    Let me know about it .

gribblej Friend

Hmm, not really. Mobile view is of low importance to the customer. We’re mostly concerned with a nice desktop presentation. If you view it on the desktop, you will see that the Custom Products dropdown menu module deploys to the right off canvas. Seems to work OK, but I would rather have it to deploy to the left and stay in the canvas. Have seen this done on some of Joomlart’s demo sites, so there must be a way to control it either with custom code or somewhere in the megamenu paramaters which I have not spotted. Thanks for your interest and your help!
    -Jim G.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Can you please add a screenshot of demo site .
    so that we can check what you want to achieve and its possibility .
    without proper info , its really hard to assume the issue for me .:((

gribblej Friend

No I can’t because I can’t make the menu dropdown stay open long enough to grab a screenshot. But you can view the actual developmental site here: http://www.nevsinc.com/ Please see the Custom Labels click in the main on the far right.
    Thanks much,
    -Jim G.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Sorry still i am not getting your point about your menu . ๐Ÿ™
    I have not found custom label on your site .
    Here is a screenshot >> http://prntscr.com/4ez9k6
    Please let me know or give me any other site example so that i can see what you want to do .

gribblej Friend

Your screenshot clearly shows the Custom Labels click in the main menu. It is fifth from the left.

swissa Friend

You can adjust the sub-menรผ settings within Template Manager>your template and then selecting Megamenu at the top.

You can set the alignment as whether it is to the left, right, justified etc

Docs are HERE

Is that what you meant? ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. mega
    gribblej Friend

Yes many thanks. I did see these controls but thought they would just control text alignment. Choosing center alignment did exactly what I needed! It is much simpler than I thought it would be.
    -Jim G.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Glad you found it. Those are the settings in mega menu . According to your posts, seems you want something like sidebar menu.
    Anyway thanks to Swissa for the answer .:)

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi Jim,

I am not sure if you are aware or not, but just FYA: on mouse over your “Custom Labels” menu item and also when its module slides down, the whole web-site fairly slightly but still jerks a bit from side to side, which doesn’t happen on our JA University demo (tested under Chromium) or with your other menu items with child items.

Just my 2c worth.

Regards,

Alex

gribblej Friend

Yes thanks, I have noticed this. It seems to only happen with the inside pages which don’t have any content except for some text. From the homepage it works fine. I’m hoping that it goes away as all pages become populated with content. My theory is the menu jitters when the menu dropdown height exceeds the auto height of the page from which it is being viewed. Any other thoughts are appreciated!
    -Jim G.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gribblej 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum