Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    my 3-month memebership expired at 11. April and now I have a problem with mey chosen template (Zebrina,which I have to say is very nice), but I can`t access the support forums anymore.
    This is kind of poor customer service!:((
    Do I have to pay another subscription, just to get my problem solved with a already paid theme ??

ShannonN Friend

kodojo;14646Hi,
    my 3-month memebership expired at 11. April and now I have a problem with mey chosen template (Zebrina,which I have to say is very nice), but I can`t access the support forums anymore.
    This is kind of poor customer service!:((
    Do I have to pay another subscription, just to get my problem solved with a already paid theme ??

Ok its mixed emotions here? first the templates great then there is a poor service, then you ask the question re support?

How about you withdraw the “poor customer service” BS, till Ja has a chance to answer the question “do you qualify for after sales support?”

If you PM Hung, with your question on support I’m sure he will advise you on JA policy i your situation? To blindly say its poor customer service etc before you have a definate answer is a bit harsh?

We stop unlicensed ppl from accessing the club template areas simply to combat piracy of the JA templates which is rife. Part of the cost of the template is covering support so why answer every pirates questions for free?

Please just Pm Hung and present your case to him, he is the decision maker here not me

kodojo Friend

Ok,maybe it was a bit unlucky expression.
    My membership was for 3 months, but it took me about 2,5 months to set up the site.
    Now a friend of mine told me that there are some problems on IE6, which I have not installed on any of my computers.
    So I went to Joomlart.com, remembering that I have paid for this theme and I find the forums closed for me. Maybe it was a mental blackout reaction to write such a post.
    But now I`m at the mercy of Hung`s good will if I get support ?
    I´ll pm Hung and I´ll see if I get support.

But that`s also not really satisfying for a paid product.

ShannonN Friend

kodojo;14709Ok,maybe it was a bit unlucky expression.
    My membership was for 3 months, but it took me about 2,5 months to set up the site.
    Now a friend of mine told me that there are some problems on IE6, which I have not installed on any of my computers.
    So I went to Joomlart.com, remembering that I have paid for this theme and I find the forums closed for me. Maybe it was a mental blackout reaction to write such a post.
    But now I`m at the mercy of Hung`s good will if I get support ?
    I´ll pm Hung and I´ll see if I get support.

But that`s also not really satisfying for a paid product.

Again you are still very negative and say your at Hungs mercy, lets look at it another way shall we?

You buy a new stereo with a 3 mths warranty for the sake of argument, you don’t unwrap it and set it up for 2.5 months it works ok, till a friend wants to play a non standard cd on it it works but jumps tracks etc but if you play your own cds it works fine, so at 3.5 mths you want the store to take it back or fix it or refund your money, cause you never used it tested it till the warranty was almost over?

Now what response do you think the store would give you? or as store owner what would you say to customer? Sure I’ll not only take it back but upgrade it free to x model, wash and clean it as well . . .:) you get the idea

Give JA a chance before you get negative and say things about service ok/

Cheers ShannonN

Hung Dinh Friend

I have just answered your PM. However, as our terms of use. When the membership is expired, you will need to renew to get the support. I think 3 months support and 25+ templates for a $49 is reasonable and of cause we can not provide a life time support. That is the way software business goes nowadays

danono Friend

Its possible a lifetime membership ? 😉

ShannonN Friend

danono;15093Its possible a lifetime membership ? 😉

A lifetime is what 70 years? don’t think so but you can join for one year and have an automatic renewal every year if you pay by credit card, that way it only runs out when you stop the renewal ?

Cheers ShannonN

ErikThorsen Friend

I am trying to apply for the lifetime membership deal. If I remember Hung correctly he said the first person to post 1.000.000 posts here will get lifetime membership ( provided all posts are support/help related )

So feel free to just help out everyone and try to grab this free prize.

Ohh, and by the way, I completely understand the frustration of being locked out of the forums but then again, as ShannonN explains, you actually pay for a 3 months service and when it ends, it kinda ends.. 🙂

I don’t think anyone here tries to be difficult but the fact remains that 3 months are 3 months, no matter how you twist and turn on it. You would have been far better off with a 1 year subscription obviously but then again, it is all a matter of money in the end.

I hope you can solve your problem, otherwise I am sure you can go to joomlancers.com and get it fixed for 5-15 USD there. 🙂

ShannonN Friend

ErikThorsen;15124I am trying to apply for the lifetime membership deal. If I remember Hung correctly he said the first person to post 1.000.000 posts here will get lifetime membership ( provided all posts are support/help related )

So feel free to just help out everyone and try to grab this free prize.

Ohh, and by the way, I completely understand the frustration of being locked out of the forums but then again, as ShannonN explains, you actually pay for a 3 months service and when it ends, it kinda ends.. 🙂

I don’t think anyone here tries to be difficult but the fact remains that 3 months are 3 months, no matter how you twist and turn on it. You would have been far better off with a 1 year subscription obviously but then again, it is all a matter of money in the end.

I hope you can solve your problem, otherwise I am sure you can go to joomlancers.com and get it fixed for 5-15 USD there. 🙂

1,000,000 posts Arrgh I’m at 730 and I thought it was only a 1000 hee hee 😀 better get cracking

ShannonN

kodojo Friend

1 year subscription?
    No way, I only wanted 1 theme. I´m not interested in the other themes.
    Maybe it would be an option to get a (cheaper,costfree) support membership?
    Maybe i`m just too spoiled with behavior of companies in support issues here in germany.
    But this was definitely the last time I gave money to joomlart.

byebye

ShannonN Friend

kodojo;151611 year subscription?
    No way, I only wanted 1 theme. I´m not interested in the other themes.
    Maybe it would be an option to get a (cheaper,costfree) support membership?
    Maybe i`m just too spoiled with behavior of companies in support issues here in germany.
    But this was definitely the last time I gave money to joomlart.

byebye

well you cant expect lifetime support for next to nothing, on a small purchase, even in Germany it doesn’t happen cya
    ShannonN

kodojo Friend

I never wanted “lifetime” support, i have only 2 issues on this theme and just want a little help.
    But, i think i can expect to get a fully functional product, if i paid for it.
    So , i can`t give my money back because joomlart can`t control if i delete the theme, so seller of this product at least may help me.
    Or would you buy a new computer without guarantee?
    “Oh your computer doesn`t work, but we`re sorry u didn`t pay for support. So throw it into trash and buy another one from us.”

ShannonN Friend

kodojo;15168I never wanted “lifetime” support, i have only 2 issues on this theme and just want a little help.
    But, i think i can expect to get a fully functional product, if i paid for it.
    So , i can`t give my money back because joomlart can`t control if i delete the theme, so seller of this product at least may help me.
    Or would you buy a new computer without guarantee?
    “Oh your computer doesn`t work, but we`re sorry u didn`t pay for support. So throw it into trash and buy another one from us.”

You paid for 3 mths membership and three mths support, what’s the problem? If you brought a new computer with only 90 days warranty, would you expect the manufacturer to give you warranty service at 115 days?

I understand you are frustrated and would love to help you, truly, but the JA representative has clearly put up the JA policy that no membership = no further support. I have to respect the JA rules

I am sorry but the issue is closed, please no more discussion, no more posts about it

ShannonN

kodojo Friend

Then tell your representative, i will never give recommendation to his site to any people and if his company would be located in my country, it would be closed by law.

No further posts, i`m finished with joomlart !

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@kodojo 15182 wrote:</em><blockquote>Then tell your representative, i will never give recommendation to his site to any people and if his company would be located in my country, it would be closed by law.

No further posts, i`m finished with joomlart !</blockquote>
    kodojo: The company is not breaking any rules at all, we have explained all of the rules in the terms and conditions that you agreed to. If you have an issue with it you should’ve spoken to use before hand.

However, if you’d like to send me a PM with your questions I will be more than happy to help you out, but posting here ranting will not help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 17 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum