Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

OK, what is going on?

I cashed in my credits, but no money in my bank???

First, no staff ever bothered to answer my clarifications in my other posts — just conjectures from other fellow posters.

Second, except for one very important requests, all my other requests were practically ignored — even if Hung promised in the Forum that the staff will look into things — and the request was not even from me, but another customer who has similar request

All that story about credits and interests, and fees, etc. I hope this is not like the paper money in Zimbabwe, right now.

Cornelio

tempusserbia Friend

Actually, that paper money, you mentioned from Zimbabwe, has some value 😉 but credits…

TomC Moderator

It’s my understanding that credits can be used for memberships – not cash money.

Menalto Friend

How log time ago is it since you checked it in? over 1 week? i remember i replied to your post about it

cgc0202 Friend

Hi,

tempusserbia, I got you. 🙂

tcraw1010: it was just an “expression” — I cashed in… — not expecting Joomlart to give me cash, but as you stated to “…credits can be used for memberships”

Menalto: it has been almost two weeks now, I believe, but no acknowledgement, as was supposed to be done on a weekly basis.

By the way, did you get my emails? I have written several to you. Please respond through my personal email because my mailbox here keeps getting full.

Thanks for the responses. Now, I hope Hung responds too.

Cornelio

mfcphil Friend

Cornelio I must admit I was getting rather excited about the thought of cashing in…:p

Menalto Friend

as Hung stated: Q: What happens after I redeem?
    A: Once a week, our Admin/Mod will view and approve the valid redemption.

IF they gonna have this,its about time something happens…

mj1256 Friend

I cashed in and got an auto deposit into my checking account yesterday

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@mfcphil 64163 wrote:</em><blockquote>Cornelio I must admit I was getting rather excited about the thought of cashing in…:p</blockquote>

I did the math mfcphil. A group who I helped “pro bono” for their website was willing to fly me to the Philippines to join their reunion. They invited me to their reunion in Las Vegas last year and this year also.

Then when I told them that they have to do more work for their website, while I will concentrate solely in the Administration, several of them asked me how much it would cost to hire me so I would do all the work for them. I told them they “could not afford” me. I did it as a favor to one of the members of the group because she herself has done a lot for me.

That is also the case here. If the cost of installation is $40 (as indicated in the site), it takes me about 5 minutes to install a QuickStart Joomlart template. At that rate, for the amount of time spent to help people, it would be equivalent to several decades of JA Developer account for me. That was the reason why I told the group I helped that they could not afford my rates.

There are things you do not for the compensation. At the same time, if Joomlart does not honor their promise why make such a big fanfare about it? And then not even recognize it?

<em>@Menalto 64172 wrote:</em><blockquote>as Hung stated: Q: What happens after I redeem?
    A: Once a week, our Admin/Mod will view and approve the valid redemption.

IF they gonna have this,its about time something happens…</blockquote>

I guess being the Super Moderator does not get you inside the door, Menalto?

<em>@mj1256 64198 wrote:</em><blockquote>I cashed in and got an auto deposit into my checking account yesterday</blockquote>

What do you mean mj1256? How long ago did you do this? They just returned back your points with no plans to honor it? Your points are commensurate to the number of posts you have done, and does not indeicate any redemption.

Cornelio

mj1256 Friend

i was just being a wise guy. i figured someone (not you) would be naive enough to believe it and it would start something. 🙂

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@mj1256 64221 wrote:</em><blockquote>i was just being a wise guy. i figured someone (not you) would be naive enough to believe it and it would start something. :)</blockquote>

Actually, I am trying to force Joomlart hand.

When I came back, there was someone who posted that they tried to redeem their points — Hung promised that he will look into it but I never heard anything about it. So, I was really very curious, for a number of reasons.

Also, I complained in response to other posts on the same topic that it is so easy to get points. In fact, people who write one liners, can write two of those and get more points than people who actually take the time to help some other customers here.

People are getting thanked for no apparent reason.

As a result, one who posts 300-400 one liners could get a free one year membership. Practically, if everyone takes advantage of this, Joomlart will go bankrupt — no one need to pay them — because you just write 3-4 one liners a day, a just spend about 3-4 months here, and you are assured a year.

OK, let’s test this. I now have 1,414 points (on top of the 6,000, I “cashed in” as of this line. This post makes it 1426 credits or 12 points added.

Those very short one liners in #12, 13 and 14 below made the total 1444 => three very very very short lines added 30 credits. Imagine that.

I can make this a novella, and demonstrate to Joomlart that they have not thought the rules that well and will go bankrupt if they honor what they were so proud to advertise. None other than by Hung.

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

What happens if I add a line, after the 1,426?

cgc0202 Friend

After 1432 this will make it 1438.

cgc0202 Friend

Well, it was only 1437, but see how the point system can be abuse?

cgc0202 Friend

In Asia, or at least in the country where I was born, the Philippines, there are still some people who make agreements just by a nod, or a handshake — once someone trust you and consider you an equal. Just do not cross any of these people, specially the powerful ones, because….

So, anyway, I started this thread to investigate, as the title stated “The story about the credits”

Either, it turns out as you stated. Or, Hung and company really still have any sense of decency to honor their word. Either way, it will resolve. If it is the second, they had better rethink their reward system because as I pointed out in a number of post, and in #12, 13 and 14, it can be abused — either intentionally or without people getting any clue. Joomlart can go bankrupt, even if they are a good company.

This downward spiral will even be accelerated, if the seed of discontent grows.

And, if it is as you stated, why are you even sticking around? Would you really deal with a company with such morals? What does it say about all of us, if most are in the joke, if it is?

Cornelio

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum