Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

So I managed to put articles on the front page and they are all being featured, but the second article that is posted, which is posted under the most recent article and on the left column of the two. The problem is that this second article gets cut off on the whole left side of the article. This is something that I have tested on Internet Explorer but I am always using Firefox, so it is not a browser problem. I am running the most up to date Joomla. The website I am running is http://www.bendingandwelding.com/

Any help will be much appreciated! Please note that I am not exactly Joomla savvy, and detailed walk through may be needed.

knerten Friend

I have the exact same problem. All of my three featured articles get cut of at the left side.
    I hope you get som walk through help, I need it as well 🙂

swissa Friend

You can try adding the following code to the very end of your template.css – templates/ja_vintas/css/template.css

/* adjust margins on non-leading articles */
    .items-row
    {

• margin-left: 0;
    • margin-right: 0;

}

It may have an effect elsewhere which you will need to test.

knerten Friend

It doesn’t work for me. Neither if I replace non-leading with leading.
    Does anyone else have an idea how to solve this?
    (Sorry for posting in your tread bendingandwelding…)

bendingandwelding Friend

Thank you Swissa, it worked like a charm for me. It will in turn make it so that the following articles won’t be in separate side by side columns but I didn’t like that anyways. Knerten, I can try to help you figure out what went wrong if you elaborate. I had a very easy time with it.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@knerten and @bendingandwelding: Please get my attached file, you will fix the problem on your site

+ Download my attached file
    + Copy it into
    templates/ja_vintas/html/com_content/featured/default_item.php
    + Backup old file before to updating
    + Remember to clear cache from Admin area

1. default_item.zip
    bendingandwelding Friend

So when I used Swissa’s solution, it worked great for what I need, but when I wanted to put up the slideshow module, it was aligned to the left, and I want it centered. However, when I used the solution given by Ninja Lead, it didn’t fix my problem, it only made my titles smaller and aligned the titles left. If anyone can help me, I would like something that will fix my problem, (which I am going to leave as of now so anyone can see what I am talking about) as well as allow me to have a centered slideshow.

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can try this way

Open templates/ja_vintas/css/template.css file

add new script

.blog-featured p {
    display: inline-block;
    text-align: center;
    }

.blog-featured .items-leading {
    margin-left: 0px !important;
    margin-right: 0px !important;
    }

.blog-featured .items-row {
    margin-left: 0px !important;
    margin-right: 0px !important;
    }

bendingandwelding Friend

I was about to try out your second solution, Ninja Lead, however, my template.css file isn’t in an HTML format, if that makes sense, and is instead all put together and disorganized. In turn, any changes I make to that file have no effect on my website. Are there any fixes for that? I really do appreciate any help given and am trying not to be a burden.

Ninja Lead Moderator

If possible you can pm me admin account and ftp account of your site. I shall check and help your solve it.

gkintziris Friend

the same problem exactly and in my site….

http://www.tasteoflife.com.gr

any safe advise?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi gkintziris,

You can fix the problem of your site this way

Open templates/ja_vintas/css/template.css file

from

.items-row { border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc; }

change to

.items-row {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc;
    margin-left: 2px;
    margin-right: 2px;
    }

Don’t forget to clear cache from Admin area. Let me know the result

Regards

gkintziris Friend

Dear “Ninja” many thanks for your help

My home page works perfectly no:)

God Bless you

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  gkintziris 11 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum