Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

I am wanting to swap the JA Slideshow with the Frontpage slideshow 2 module. However when putting the Frontpageslideshow in the “JA-Slideshow” position, it doesnt appear. Is there a class or something i can remove which allowes the Frontpage Slideshow 2 module in and custom modules for that matter?

scotty Friend

Lets start with the basics. You’ve put the FP slideshow in the JA Slideshow position. But have you actually enabled it?

A live url would also help.

justin_v8sfg Friend

I have attached a picture of the problem.

My dev url is http://www.v8supercarsfangroup.com/dev

Any ideas?

1. FPSS_Settings
    cgc0202 Friend

<em>@justin_v8sfg 120841 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am wanting to swap the JA Slideshow with the Frontpage slideshow 2 module. However when putting the Frontpageslideshow in the “JA-Slideshow” position, it doesnt appear. Is there a class or something i can remove which allowes the Frontpage Slideshow 2 module in and custom modules for that matter?</blockquote>

justin,

How exactly did you put it back in?

1. Did you simply upload via FTP?
    2. Or, did you “uninstall the old-reinstall the new one using the zip file”?

I believe you have to do the second procedure.

Edit: Disregard the above. It is true only if they are from the same company and they share “extensions name”. The second slideshow that you stated is JoomlaWorks. I assume that you used the standard installation process via the Extensions => Install.

Apart from the module: Did you install the component also? and edit the settings?

What shows in the “Position”? it does not show clearly, so I am not sure if it is the correct position.
    Is the ID of the SlideShow category filled?

I use SIGPRO from JoomlaWorks, and there was incompatibility with some Joomlart modules, but it was the Joomlart module that disappeared. It turned out, the default tools used in SIGPRO from JoomlaWorks:

Are there SIGPRO users here?
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?p=121247

I am not sure if that is the case also for the JoomlaWorks Slideshow. But, check and try changing the “Choose slideshow engines”

Cornelio

justin_v8sfg Friend

I didnt use the quick start and havent uploaded the JA-Slideshow module. I just installed the template on my old Joomla site (using different template from different company) and updated content.

justin_v8sfg Friend

<em>@cgc0202 121242 wrote:</em><blockquote>justin,

How exactly did you put it back in?

1. Did you simply upload via FTP?
    2. Or, did you “uninstall the old-reinstall the new one using the zip file”?

I believe you have to do the second procedure.

Edit: Disregard the above. It is true only if they are from the same company and they share “extensions name”. The second slideshow that you stated is JoomlaWorks. I assume that you used the standard installation process via the Extensions => Install.

I use SIGPRO from JoomlaWorks, and there was incompatibility with some Joomlart modules, but it was the Joomlart module that disappeared. It turned out, the default tools used in SIGPRO from JoomlaWorks:

Cornelio</blockquote>

Oh ok so do I rename the module or…(a little confused).

justin_v8sfg Friend

<em>@cgc0202 121242 wrote:</em><blockquote>

Are there SIGPRO users here?
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?p=121247

I am not sure if that is the case also for the JoomlaWorks Slideshow. But, check and try changing the “Choose slideshow engines”

Cornelio</blockquote>

Tried and no success.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@justin_v8sfg 121246 wrote:</em><blockquote>Oh ok so do I rename the module or…(a little confused).</blockquote>

justin,

No, do not rename it. I revised my response more (see above), after enlarging the attached image.

I assume that you used the standard installation process via the Extensions => Install.?

Apart from the module: Did you install the component also? and edit the settings?

What shows in the “Position”? it does not show clearly, so I am not sure if it is the correct position.
    Is the ID of the SlideShow category filled?

Cornelio

justin_v8sfg Friend

Hmm the problem was that I didnt have anything published in the JA-BULLETIN area.

Thanks m8 for your quick responses! 😀

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@justin_v8sfg 121250 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hmm the problem was that I didnt have anything published in the JA-BULLETIN area.

Thanks m8 for your quick responses! :D</blockquote>

Justin,

Yes, I am seeing something. But, you have to adjust the width and height. You might want to adjust some of the time settings too — so that it is not too fast nor too slow.

Also, did you install the component?

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

Try horizontal for the text. and place it at the bottom.

cgc0202 Friend

Justin,

It may be too fast, I think. Try to read the text, and provide enough time before the changeover. Also, if it is too fast, it will slow your page faster.

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

Justin,

I think it is possible to remove the text in the mini-thumb. Aesthetically, it will be nicer. It will also increase the view window for the larger image. And you can place more mini-thumds in the slide show.

Cornelio

justin_v8sfg Friend

Yep, I adjusted the size, just needs some CSS tweaking and it’ll be perfect.

justin_v8sfg Friend

<em>@cgc0202 121252 wrote:</em><blockquote>Try horizontal for the text. and place it at the bottom.</blockquote>

IS that better?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  justin_v8sfg 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum