Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

<em>@justin_v8sfg 121255 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yep, I adjusted the size, just needs some CSS tweaking and it’ll be perfect.</blockquote>

Justin,

I just saw it. Once you decide on the size of the slideshow, you may have to resize your images so that they span the full width.

<em>@justin_v8sfg 121258 wrote:</em><blockquote>IS that better?</blockquote>

Yup, much better. One of the images is a bit bleached though. You may have to photoshop it or use simple programs, like iPhoto, to darken it a bit.

Another suggestion: If you do not plan to use the JA Bulletin. You can even do a full span (width for the slideshow). It will look very nice if you know someone who does good graphics to embed the image that are smaller. and also have panoramic views of raceways. Gavick Pro has nice designs of full width. Or those in Apple store, if there are some near your place.

Questions:
    Is the default Joomlart Slideshow, clickable like the JoomlaWorks, so that it leads you to the featured article?

Why did you change to the JoomlaWorks SlideShow?

Cornelio

justin_v8sfg Friend

I changed from the JA SLIDESHOW to the JOOMLWORKS SLIDESHOW because I only recently brought it – need to get the money worth out of it. Also, its much easier to add new slides then the Joomlart version. I believe they run the same functions though.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@justin_v8sfg 121265 wrote:</em><blockquote>I changed from the JA SLIDESHOW to the JOOMLWORKS SLIDESHOW because I only recently brought it – need to get the money worth out of it. Also, its much easier to add new slides then the Joomlart version. I believe they run the same functions though.</blockquote>

Justin,

Actually, from the Demo of the JA Sanidine, if you click the Slide photo, it will just go to the next image. This is more similar to rudimentary slideshow. Rather useless, as far as I am concerned.

[Unless, like many of the Demos of Joomlart, they are not fiinished. In some of their costly JM templates, many of the features do not work, you get a “/#” after the URL, which means the feature was not completed.]

JoomlaWorks slideshow if more like the GavickPro SlideShow — it is navigable, you can link it to an article — which is what I like. It entices your visitors to go inside your site. This capabiltity alone is worth the cost of the extension, but it is free with GavickPro templates.

I have asked for this feature of Joomlart slideshows, but they never listen.

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

Justin

You might want to look at the JoomlaWorks SIGPRO, it is very powerful to show slideshows within a page. Also, because it does not require a database, it will not add bulk to your DB.

One thing I did not like with JoomlaWorks, is that the Greek guy who started the company??? does not respond to posts.

Cornelio

justin_v8sfg Friend

Thanks for the suggestion – I am currently using RokSlideshow for my image slideshow on the TA Designs page.

As for the slow responses at Joomlaworks, it took me 4 weeks to get my membership approved so I know where your coming from by “slow response”.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  justin_v8sfg 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum