Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

hello there
    i edited my own background ( altering the one originally for full black background ) and created a full background for the light ocean theme

but how can i apply the full back ground on that theme ?

thanks in advanced

a7medo778 Friend

and i am upgrding from sadine II template ( i know its OLD but i beuty ) and my problem that most of my articles doesnt have big pictures to go with them

mostly a logo in every article

so the current slideshow isnt that good use for me

can i manage to re do the sadine style ( news module beside the slideshow ) in this template 2 ?
    or do i have to create a new module posi and that sort of stuff ?

Phill Moderator

What you are trying will require a little more effort than a few simple changes. Posting a link to what you have will be a good start.

a7medo778 Friend

well right now the site is live and i got lot of vsitores on it
    so i cant start the modifications live just yet ( i got an anwsment there that the site will be offilene for upgrades in 12 hours )

so to try to make the image clearer
    using attachment 1
    i created attachment 2

but in the source template files for the full black background there is an image i can replace and it wil be my new background

for the light ocean there isnt

how can i make the 2nd attachment a background for the ocean light theme

1. body-top
    2. cid_1F91A43F-0AED-4ED2-939E-D80BDA4D8308@lan
    a7medo778 Friend

any one ?
    any one know to do it ?

Phill Moderator

The first thing I would do would be to fade out the bottom and side to a single colour. This will make it blend well on wide resolutions. If you do that and zip a copy of your current template folder I’ll make the modifications for you.

a7medo778 Friend

thanks phill
    i attached the original psd for both images ( because i didnt really understand what you meant )

much much appreciate it m8

1. Archive.zip
    Phill Moderator

I’m happy to help you edit the code but I am not going to adjust your images for you.

If you look at the image JA supply you will see that if you put a black background around it it fits in nicely. Your image however has no edges with the same colour, so if you place a blue background behind it the sides and the bottom will look odd with a harsh line. The sides will only look ok if the users browses your site in a resolution<+ to the width of the image. If you look carefully at the JA image the edges are feathered to black, so when the site is viewed on a wide screen there are no harsh edges and the image fits nicely.

a7medo778 Friend

ok i will work on that
    but just to get the full image before i stat editing at my side

what exactly will the bk color will be so i can fade my pic edges to blind in with ?
    ( i mean the color code )

i only ask that becasue its hard to do that without being able actually test and repeair
    why dont we do the css thingy then by testing at local host adjust the new bk edges

thanks alot for all your help 😀

Phill Moderator

Light ocean uses just 2 images for the background. The first is the top gradient, the second is the bottom gradient, both use a repeat-y and are in truth just a small strip repeated. The middle is just a solid background colour.

The black full background one is similar but instead of using a repeat it is just a fixed top and bottom image fading to black at for the middle and sided with the whole middle area in black. Trey viewing the template in the highest resolution you can find and you will see what I mean about the image fading at the sides. With a repeated strip as per light ocean that will repeat no matter how wide the screen is. With an image you have to be careful with your design so it either feathers out or has a nice fixed border that is part of the design. Otherwise it just looks like your site is slapped in the middle of the screen with no thought.

a7medo778 Friend

ok gotcha
    i guess i have alot of testing in local host
    but to have the best view of the image migratioin with the background
    what do i have to edit in the css to have the picture appear over the current background in the first place

a7medo778 Friend

i attached the css’s that needs modification

1. css.zip
    Phill Moderator

I’ll do it when I get back from work this evening.

a7medo778 Friend

ok much apprecitate it m8

a7medo778 Friend

any updates phill ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  a7medo778 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum