Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I am club member since a couple of years and am a great fan of Joomlart…

Lately though I am wondering if the success of Joomlart is the cause of a logjam of unanswered support questions and unresponsiveness that I myself lately have experienced.

Support comes at different levels for sure — from identifying bugs in delivered templates to newbie questions about how to install templates. My problem is if there is no response with regards to the delivered product — which is the case that I have tried to get some response to.

Using the JA Barite template I have found that it does not contain the source files for the “search box” and have therefore posted threads on the appropriate forum (http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?p=50304#post50304). Not getting any response I have sent private messages to Hung Ding as well as e-mails to other über moderators… still no response what so ever !!! It has been 10 days now…

What is going on? Great templates is good — however, I also need a minimal level of support, with a predictable response time! Why no response?

Btw, I am happy to pay for support on a per issue basis if necessary… just as long as I get a response…

Hoping that someone from Joomlart will respond!

Best regards,

Christer

TomC Moderator

<em>@cgbengtsson 51673 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Using the JA Barite template I have found that it does not contain the source files for the “search box” and have therefore posted threads on the appropriate forum (http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-get-slideshow-to-appear-on-stories/). Not getting any response I have sent private messages to Hung Ding as well as e-mails to other über moderators… still no response what so ever !!! It has been 10 days now…
    </blockquote>
    Why do you need source files? You’re basically asking for the .psd files, correct?

You do realize that these are simple graphics that were created in photoshop, right?
    Why not simply create the graphic on your own? Certainly a search box cannot be terribly difficult.

bloggs_x Friend

Thats not the point though is it…
    if its already made why should we make it again

TomC Moderator

<em>@Bloggs_x 51675 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thats not the point though is it…
    if its already made why should we make it again</blockquote>
    Why not? If it’s not available, then it looks as though – if you want something – you’re going to have to create it.
    Honestly, the search box is nothing more than a box (colored or otherwise).

Menalto Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 51677 wrote:</em><blockquote>Why not? If it’s not available, then it looks as though – if you want something – you’re going to have to create it.
    Honestly, the search box is nothing more than a box (colored or otherwise).</blockquote>
    More honestly, not all people have the knowledge to do the design work they need.
    And for the newer templates the full source files should be added.
    This save people alot of time and knowlege

TomC Moderator

<em>@Menalto 51684 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    This save people alot of time and knowlege</blockquote>
    Why would or should those who want to work with Joomla templates and develop websites not want (or be expected to) expand their knowledge of the most basic of skills needed for the most basic web design and website operation – especially working with Joomla templates?

Obviously, not everyone knows how to do everything. Heck, Menalto and I have had many a chat session where he has helped me with many a coding issue. The point is, however, that I took this assistance and built upon it – thereby increasing my knowledge base in being able to both work with these templates and – to a certain extent – help others if / when I can.

My point is . . . if one is going to work with Joomla based templates – one needs to understand that doing so requires some basic knowledge (or, at least, desire to learn) as to basic graphics creation, basic css, and even some rudimentary php.

cgbengtsson Friend

Hi Menalto,

I note that you are a support manager… do you have a solution to the fact that all source for some reason is not included in JA Barite?

(With all respect, tcraw1010 has missed the point. Joomlart sells templates with the full source. I am asking for noting more or less than what I have purchased…)

Looking forward to a solution!

Best regards,
    Christer

mfcphil Friend

I think your template was either one or two before they decided to start making the Full PSD source files available.

cgbengtsson Friend

Hi mfcphil,

Well, I have been of the impression since joining the Joomlart Club in 2006 that full PSD source has been a comittment since then…

Anyhow, no matter which, is there a solution to the central issue, to get full PSD source to JA Barite?

Best regards,
    Christer

mfcphil Friend

If you read this post here you will see that you will probably not be getting a Full set of source files for your template.

Hung Dinh Friend

JA templates are 95% based on CSS stylesheet and we normally use following elements as graphic

• Logo
    • Module H3
    • Background pictures
    • ……

Please note that all these elements are created independently. And the full source file will be a psd file contain such elements arranged in sliced layers and arranged into group.

cgbengtsson, I have got someone to provide you the missing image at your thread
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-get-slideshow-to-appear-on-stories/

I am sorry for delay, we has just been back from Summer holiday

cgbengtsson Friend

Thank you for providing the source — much appreciated!

Best regards,
    Christer

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  cgbengtsson 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum