Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Just an FYI,

the joomla login and the forum login are not integrated,

that means that your users will need to register on your site twice if you use this quickstart

this is poor for usability

to integrate the login set the parameters in the fireboard integration parameters to use fireboard.

sync the user database

regardless of what template you use as all the fireboard templates call this file
    edit these lines in the profilebox.php file

path to file
    /components/com_fireboard/template/default/plugin/profilebox/profilebox.php

find this section at the bottom of the file

<?php echo _PROFILEBOX_PLEASE; ?>

<a href = "<?php echo $loginlink;?>"><?php echo _PROFILEBOX_LOGIN; ?></a> <?php echo _PROFILEBOX_OR; ?> <a href = "<?php echo $registerlink;?>"><?php echo _PROFILEBOX_REGISTER; ?></a>.

<a href = "<?php echo $lostpasslink;?>"><?php echo _PROFILEBOX_LOST_PASSWORD; ?></a>

and change it to

<!-- <?php echo _PROFILEBOX_PLEASE; ?>

<a href = "<?php echo $loginlink;?>"><?php echo _PROFILEBOX_LOGIN; ?></a> <?php echo _PROFILEBOX_OR; ?> <a href = "<?php echo $registerlink;?>"><?php echo _PROFILEBOX_REGISTER; ?></a>.

<a href = "<?php echo $lostpasslink;?>"><?php echo _PROFILEBOX_LOST_PASSWORD; ?></a> -->

just comment it out,. this will remove the login and the registration links from the top of fireboard and you will now have one unified login for your site and the users will still be able to use their fireboard profile.

if you use community builder, just set the backend fireboard integration setting to cb and sync the users and make the same edit to the file i made above, and the fireboard profile will now be their cb profile and the logins are unified.

2Patrick Friend

Hi Mj

Great to have you share the tips of how Fireboard , CB and the template should have been integrated.

Hopefully JA can incorporate it into the Quickstart so that we don’t have to make the changes you have indicated .I believe that was the original intention of JA ?

Hung Dinh Friend

mj1256;84588Just an FYI,

the joomla login and the forum login are not integrated,

that means that your users will need to register on your site twice if you use this quickstart

this is poor for usability

to integrate the login set the parameters in the fireboard integration parameters to use fireboard.

sync the user database

Should we diasble the core registration of Joomla or simply unpublish the registration/login modules

mj1256 Friend

Hi Hung, we can talk when ever we catch each other on line at the same time. 🙂

i keep the core enabled and just remove the registration from fireboard. its a simple process and i found the hack a while back on their forum, so this isn’t a new concept.

its your choice, either or, but it depends on the perspective of the quickstart user, right?

i like keeping the core enabled, or the cb login enabled (if using CB) because if i add anything else for the registered user it will be on the user menu and it integrates with community builder which takes over the profile and registration.

so either or, but one unified login is the best for usability in my opinion.

johanneshov Friend

I am looking at this template for a new project I have, one unified login would be nice!

Thanks
    Johanneshov

mj1256 Friend

instructions are above, but they are to use the joomla core, not the fireboard login

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mj1256 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum