Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Can you please explain how to add the GA code to the jm_minisite template? The code is not appearing when I add the number to the google API and enable. Please advise?

Thanks
    Colin

TomC Moderator

Greetings Colin:

Here is the simplest way to add Google or any other analytics/tracking code to this template although there are plugins available on the JED that will aslo do the job if you do not like playing with the code.

Copy the file plugins>system>jat3>jat3>base-themes>default>page>default.php

into

templates>ja_your-template-name>page>default.php and insert your analytics code just before the </head> tag as per below.

<head> <?php //gen head base on theme info $this->showBlock (‘head’); ?> <?php $blocks = T3Common::node_children($this->getBlocksXML (‘head’), ‘block’); foreach ($blocks as $block) : $this->showBlock ($block); endforeach; ?> <?php echo $this->showBlock (‘css’) ?>************YOUR ANALYTICS CODE HERE*************</head>

Colin Sherlock Friend

Thanks for your help with this, but…..
    Could it be that you are referring to a Joomla installation because I cannot find this path in my magento quickstart installation.

I know Google analytics should be there by default in a magento installation, It is available in admin, but must not be part of the JM_Minisite quickstart template, as when enabled in admin it is not displaying the google code on the pages.

How can I add the google analytic code to this template?

Regards
    Colin

TomC Moderator

Colin:

My apologies – you are correct … I provided instructions for adding Google Analytics to a Joomla template.

For a Magento Theme . . . .

[FONT=arial]Open the Magento Admin area and navigate to System->Configuration->Sales->Google API.

[/FONT][FONT=arial]Expand the Google Analytics section.

[/FONT][FONT=arial]

Pick the Yes option from the Enable drop-down menu. Enter the Google Analytics account number in the Account numberfield. Click on the Save Config button.

Hope that helps.[/FONT]

1. 46
    Colin Sherlock Friend

Thanks for your reply.
    I am familiar with this and have done it many times this way.

But with this jm_minisite template, Google analytic code must be left out of the template somewhere, as when I enable the section you mentioned and insert the google code. It does not appear. The website is planetseal.com and I used the quickstart installation.

Can you advise how to fix this? or insert this google code some other way?
    Kindest Regards
    Colin

Colin Sherlock Friend

This template has got flaws.

It does not account for Google analytics which should be standard.

When I change the magento template to default. I can see the google analytic code, but when I change back its gone.

The web speed is also much quicker in default template.

When I do a web speed test, their seems to be a lot of things in the jm_minisite folder slowing it down.

I need these fixed urgently or I will have to not use this template.

Is the developer monitoring this forum? as I need these fixed.

TomC Moderator

[FONT=arial]Okay, just so I can try to understand the steps you took . . .

You extracted your unique identifier from Google Analytics – with the unique identifier for each site being found next to the URL, like so:[/FONT]
    <blockquote>[FONT=arial]http://www.example.com/ UA-1234567-1[/FONT]
    </blockquote>
    [FONT=arial]
    Then you went to your admin panel URL and navigated to System -> Configuration -> Google API -> Google Analytics – correct?
    [/FONT]

Remember, you can add different unique tracking identifiers to different stores and store views by selecting the relevant store or view from the dropdown on the left hand side of the configuration panel.

There are also some free Magento Extensions available to assist with this – here is one of them . . .

http://www.expertmagentodevelopers.com/blog/download-free-magento-1-6-extensions-2/
    (4th down the list)

chavan Friend

Please check the support ticket, I have resolved this issue for you. This is the ticket Id: UUH-652-22760

TomC Moderator

THANKS for the assist, Chavan !!!

Any chance you could provide/outline your solution here in this thread . . . so it can serve as a resource for others who may experience a similar issue in the future?

🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum