Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I attache some screen shoots, I have set soptline-1 for home page with 6 position. the two top positions are not used (home-10 & home-11) the template creates a gap. I can overcome the min-height:21px with css, but the template enters   in to the div so the gap will remain.

Please Advise,
    Thanks,
    Ran

1. 1
    2. 2
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Please revert your custom changes first .
    If you don`t want to position home-10 or home-11 or any other you can hide it from template options .
    Go to template layout settings and click on the Eye icon Here >>> http://prntscr.com/6ah09a

Hope it helps

ch2856 Friend

Hi Panka,

I understand what u said, but I wanted it to stay that way for easy work without the need to go back to template admin and active these two position each time I need to use these two position which I don’t use on a regular base. I guess I will just use “modules anywhere” extension for that.

Thanks,
    Ran

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi I am not sure what exactly you want to perform here .
    But to hide the module position that is the recommended and simply way to do it via backend rather then to do this via custom work.
    Can you elaborate in details what problem you are facing .so that i can help you .

ch2856 Friend

I’ll try to explain.

Look at the module positions I have on spotlight-1 (at the attachment above).

I always use home-12 and home 13 for homepage modules. Now sometime I need to place an advertisement above it that fits the size of home-10 and home 11 (or even just one position – span 12). That’s why I created these positions.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    If you want to use the module positions Home-10 or Home 11 with span12 . What you should do is Go to template layout settings .
    Click on the right side dots of module position increase the width to span 12 .
    Here >>> http://prntscr.com/6ahrdb
    Suppose if you are using Home -10 with span12 and don`t want to use Home-11 then increase the width of Home-10 to span 12 and click on Eye icon of home11 postion to hide position or leave it as it is if home-10 is using span12.
    http://prntscr.com/6ahtbk

Hope it helps .

ch2856 Friend

Sorry, but I think you don’t get me.

I know all this stuff, been using T3 for a year now.

The issue is when I don’t publish modules on positions home-10 or home-11, I expect it to have 0 height and not as it is right now as I have showed on the first post. Just like a regular module position on joomla.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello Ran
    Can you revert your custom changes and publish the module on position home 12 -13 and un publish the modules on position home-10-11 .
    so i can take a look on your site .
    I tried to open the site that given in the screenshot But its Forbidden on my end >>> http://prntscr.com/6ai8g6

ch2856 Friend

I have just tested it now with a clean template.

These to gaps are still there, it’s like the template don’t check if there is a module published in these two positions.

1. 3
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi it would be helpful if you will share your working site url here .
    So i can check the problem and re create the issue on my local system.
    Currently its too hard to assume the problem and suggest you a fix without checking the problem on your site .
    Thanks

ch2856 Friend

As I have said, it will happen with the original template as well.

Just create 2 positions with the template layout manager in spotlight-1 – both with span 12 for each so one on top of the other. Publish a module on the bottom one and you’ll you have a gap because no module is published on the top position.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI
    I Re create the problem on Local server and got the issue that you mentioned ,
    As spotlight-home-1 contains multiple module inside it . it will load all the module positions on front end .
    The solution at present for this issue is If You are not using the Module position in the same block , Just Hide it from the template manager options >> Layout section and click on the Eye icon.
    I will re check the problem with development team for further investigation on it .It will take some time .
    For the time apply the fix via template options .

Thanks for your Patience .

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum