Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I know that you are planning on updating Intranet for EasySocial 2, but I have a broader, more general question regarding your policy for updating Intranet as the third-party components it supports are updated.

Will you update Intranet so that it is always compatible with the latest versions of EasySocial, EasyBlog, EasyDiscuss, and DocMan? Although Intranet is a super-cool template, will I run into problems down the road — say in 3, 6, or 12 months — as these third-party components are updated? The standard way of updating components is by using the automatic update feature. It’s not uncommon to receive updates once or twice a month. If I use Intranet, will I need to be concerned each time I update one of these components that it may not be compatible? How long do you intend to support updates?

Thank you

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

I understand your point and it’s also a known concern when using 3rd party extensions in templates, especially with extensions supported style within templates. Basically, below are some steps you can check before updating:

• Take a backup of your site first (just in case)
    • Check update news / changelog from that extension: in some minor version of extension, the provider update some bug fixes and small changes so basically, this update will not affect the override of extensions in our template so it often works fine. However, with new version that has significant changes on style, mockups, you should also check with us for the compatibility first because this new version may not work properly with new changes.

How long do you intend to support updates?

In deed, we’d always love to have our templates updated with latest version of extensions. It will depend on the updates so it will take more / less time to update into our template. Normally, with extension having big changes, it will take more time. For example, Mijoshop 2 and Mijoshop 3 versions in JA Bookshop template, they changed all the mockups / style of extension and the override of template can’t be used so we must start from the scratch.

c45rs82wVm9y Friend

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question with such detail. It was very helpful!

Saguaros Moderator

You’re welcome !!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum