Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

To the Joomlart team

Hello!
    I am now already for almost 3 years a member of the Joomla and extension club.
    You do terrific work. Your templates and the support are very good. 🙂

I am into the lust noticed 1.5 years, there are no more Gamenews- and (Clan)community templates, this is very a pity. :((
    One only sees Business-, Worldnews- and far too many Shopping- templates of you. :-[

Ok, I understand this these templates bring in more money.
    But please think again of your “private” members who also have helped you at the company growth, too and not earning money with your webpage but making it for the company in an honorary capacity.

Therefore I ask you… bring about more change to your templates again !! :-*

E.g. I want a successor of… JA Sanidine II —> JA Sanidine III / JA Opal —> JA Opal II
    and with special pleasure… JA Rasite —> JA Rasite II 😎

It would terrifically be if a forum (Kunena) and JA_comment-, JA_community-, JA_twitter & co- extensions are integrated. 😉

Many thanks for listening and sorry for my bumpy English.

Best greetings
    d3Xter

d3xter Friend

hey joomlart team 🙂

need again more game and sports-templates !

PLEASE give us a RASITE II , OPAL II and Sanidine III :-* 😎

tfosnom Friend

Hi D3xter
    I don’t think it’s all that hard to make a game template out of the large range of J 1.5 templates. What I think most ppl would miss/lack is the artistic (images) side of the template. JA generally have access to some pretty good artists.

Depending upon what game is used, most FPS games have a fan kit with a banner, background etc Have you thought about making your own gaming site from an existing Quickstart? Or even making your own J 1.6 site from the JAt3 v2 (purity) template.

The biggest challenge I face with a start from scratch approach, is finding enough data initially to populate the site till the client gets it to me (usually in bits and pieces). I confess the “sample data” in each quickstart is used to great effect to get the module positions, components and plugins all installed ready for me to turn off, trim and make my own categories.

I’m working on making my own J1.6 site from scratch for the learning experience of J 1.6 as well as the ins & outs of the T3 V2 system way of using overides etc. At this stage I never thought of making a game/sports site but I see now there maybe a need for a completely new J 1.6 gaming site, rather than a 1.6 version of the now old sandinine II etc

Cheers Shane

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tfosnom 13 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum