Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I’ve been using Methys on my site and decided to try Lens, so I installed it and changed the default template to Lens and . . . I basically had nothing except my slideshow ?!?!? I can understand that I may need to move modules into new positions, but I don’t have a menu ?? My old menu does not show ?? and I can’t find a configuration that allows me to make a menu appear ?!?!

If I set default to Methys then all is well of course.

I am sure I am an idiot and I have missed something very simple and obvious, but i don’t know what it is !

Please help me, thank you

swissa Friend

<em>@vtgav 318666 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve been using Methys on my site and decided to try Lens, so I installed it and changed the default template to Lens and . . . I basically had nothing except my slideshow ?!?!? I can understand that I may need to move modules into new positions, but I don’t have a menu ?? My old menu does not show ?? and I can’t find a configuration that allows me to make a menu appear ?!?!

I am sure I am an idiot and I have missed something very simple and obvious, but i don’t know what it is !

Please help me, thank you</blockquote>

Methys and Lens are very different ( as I’m sure you’ve already noted )! Lens doesn’t use the mega menü as far as I can see – the main menü works out of a module called “Main Menu”. Much like a normal Joomla template would. So you’d have to duplicate your current menü or just go to the module and then pick off whatever your current menü is called.

Try that and it doesn’t work come back to me and I’ll see if I can add any other value!

tfosnom Friend

<em>@vtgav 318666 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve been using Methys on my site and decided to try Lens, so I installed it and changed the default template to Lens and . . . I basically had nothing except my slideshow ?!?!? I can understand that I may need to move modules into new positions, but I don’t have a menu ?? My old menu does not show ?? and I can’t find a configuration that allows me to make a menu appear ?!?!

Please help me, thank you</blockquote>

You can add a third party menu to it I believe, PM me for the one I’m using as a test on JA Nex seen here if you hover over the using Joomla text a fly out appears allowing you to dock the menu in the open position

Cheers Shannon

swissa Friend

<em>@tfosnom 318699 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can add a third party menu to it I believe, PM me for the one I’m using as a test on JA Nex seen here if you hover over the using Joomla text a fly out appears allowing you to dock the menu in the open position

Cheers Shannon</blockquote>
    Hoi Shannon,

I love their fish eye menü too. Wonder how that would look on a responsive template! Have you tried?!

Gruss
    swissa

tfosnom Friend

Hi Swissa
    I haven’t had the time to really have anywhere near the experimenting I’d like, maybe tomorrow (today it’s 3am here) LOL

I bit the bullet and pre purchased JA wall mainly as it has a definate vertical menu. I kinda cannot get used to all this cramped iconic look just visually overwhelming atm.

As with the pop out menu I use for the social networking icons on the fp of the site http://www.monsoftwebdesign.net/nex2/
    I think the fisheye may have some problems with https:// urls the same as the pop menu can’t load secure urls like google plus into the lightbox therefore I have to use a new tab/window approach for external urls. but they do look goods.

Blessings Shannon

swissa Friend

Looks good! With stuff like this one also needs to invest a good amount of time in creating the icons for the menü too. Which I can see you’ve done!

You know me and my fetish (:p) with JoomShopping and I’m like you short of time, but trying to work out if I can get Lens and JS to play together – how cool would that be, and then to add in fish-eye……..

Well, you get the idea. https wouldn’t matter as the calls out for payments would be via paypal or another payment provider.

If anyone wants in or can help please SHOUT!!

vtgav,

not meaning to hijack your thread. Any help I can give, I will! Please just ask!

Merci all!

tfosnom Friend

@ Swissa and Vtgav
    Just for you guys, mp4 of lens with working fisheye (with default icons lol) & vertical FancyMenu
    http://www.monsoftwebdesign.net/nex2/menus.mp4
    http://www.monsoftwebdesign.net/nex2/fancymenu.mp4

I assume the sweetmenu & others will also work with it, I’ll play with lens & menus since I have them all and post these short videos? I’ll try to replicate the internal urls that lens uses first, I see some limitation in the amt of links that you may have on the horiz menus. The vertical docking menu has no probs as it pulls from menus/categories. @swissa , Best you PM me so we don’t hijack the thread. maybe start new thread here or in Tiris as you are jshopping based called alternate menu systems?

4:30 ish need to sleep! Night all

Blessings Shannon

mckeej Friend

<em>@vtgav 318666 wrote:</em><blockquote> My old menu does not show ?? </blockquote>

I just started working with joomla a week ago. But if you keep your menu name the same but underneath change the name to “mainnav” which is how joomla recognizes where it’s at in the template then it should work. FYI, that module is not named in the list for some god forsaken reason ; I just /?tp=1 to see if i was an idiot and not understanding how my menu wasn’t showing up. Turns out i’m not an idiot…lol. At least it worked for me and I don’t know wtf I’m doing. just trying everything out. kinda frustrated getting lens to work how the demo does. All my images appear vertical no matter how many columns I specify in the content area. I don’t even know how to set it up tho so it’s all trial and error.

Sherlock Friend

Hi mckeej,

Is you Ja lens latest version ? Can you pm me your url as well as the admin account ? I will take a look for you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum