Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

I found it when I doing my reseach on SEO, I don’t know if anyone posted here before.

This is official news on crawling and indexing sites for the Google index:
    http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2008/09/dynamic-urls-vs-static-urls.html

Guys, please comments!

joshgoldstein Friend

Google uses the text in a URL to determine relevance.

This means that if your site is “domain.com/?p=3434343225”, it will not rank as highly as “domain.com/google/is/best” for example. As strange as it will sound, Google is not as sophisticated as you may think. It’s really a dumb robot at the end of the day, which takes into account a huge number of important options for websites around the World. It so happens that the text in the URL of a site is one of the main features that G looks for in content now.

A good real-world example I have is that I’ve created a site about Driver Finder Review. This website has a page that’s on WordPress (so by default it would be located in “domain.com/?p34343” but because I have changed the links, it comes up for Driver Finder Review.

Hpe this helps?

<em>@sfpkent 96609 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi guys,

I found it when I doing my reseach on SEO, I don’t know if anyone posted here before.

This is official news on crawling and indexing sites for the Google index:
    http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2008/09/dynamic-urls-vs-static-urls.html

Guys, please comments!</blockquote>

designarti Friend

So you’re saying it doesn’t really matter if its dynamic or static, what’s important is the URL?

john203 Friend

google uses many factors to determine relevance and file url is one of them.in general google recommends use of static url since they don’t change much on each visit and they avoid the issue of duplicate content.

sfpkent Friend

<em>@pupsik 242239 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dynamic URLs will not rank as highly as static URLs – it is 100% true) i checked)</blockquote>

How to check?

mikulasmanko Friend

I read many SEO blogs that stated tha you simply cant ran dynamic urls, cause you need permalinks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mikulasmanko 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum