Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

It may be a good idea to have a poll to see whether it is interesting or not to develop phpbb3 templates that are based on the joomlart templates. I have the idea that a lot of people will like to have templates for their forum and their website to match, so lets check if it is worth it to invest time in developing these!

jay973 Friend

I second that idea, RT are doing it and I reckon its going to net them a lot of customers now that Fireboard seems to be faltering and losing public opinion. JA needs to keep ahead.:D

didima Friend

<em>@roeland 95149 wrote:</em><blockquote>It may be a good idea to have a poll to see whether it is interesting or not to develop phpbb3 templates that are based on the joomlart templates. I have the idea that a lot of people will like to have templates for their forum and their website to match, so lets check if it is worth it to invest time in developing these!</blockquote>

Good idea !:D

roeland Friend

not many people are interested in this idea, probably tonight or tomorrow the new RT site will be up with a phpbb3 template club, wonder what it is going to be like.

wooohanetworks Friend

Except the new phpBB3 site is Rockettheme such a waste, all made for some kiddies that use their sites without any mods and for some teenager blogs.

Now that Andy Miller was sponsoring the milkyway template to Joomla 1.5, those kids see him as a hero.:confused:

Strange world in this case, once I replied to a “Wow Rockettheme is soo coool” post and “Hurry now, prices will go up soon at Rok..” with some “What is now so great on Rok, all those templates look like some PHP Nuke stuff and do not make it for any commercial site”. The answer from someone was “What are you talking so much nonsense about Rok, don’t you know Andy Miller?”:laugh:

I only could reply that I am laughing and simply not into such Fanwishwash, that some teens run behind the slow and not even good work of an Andy Miller and that I rather keep my feet on the ground and see things realistic and am not influenced by all that money making scheme of Rockettheme…A total money making scheme in my opionin. You can get such designs at Siteground.com and for your WordPress Blog for free!!!

Also the phpBB3 styles are more for the non commercial sites, I wished there are some serious templates one can use also for serious sites, especially in the healthcare sector etc…
    Hate me or love me for my standpoint, or none of both, but I think that also the phpBB3 templates are more then a scheme to get some Schmocksters money with the Joomla Hype…:D

Most of the other clubs are serious supporters of the more stable aspects of Joomla and therefore I respect them and am also a part of them, but Rockettheme, that one is a scheme times ten.:)

So when JA would make some additional Membership for some Forum Templates based on the current Templates, I think I would definitely support this idea.

roeland Friend

For me there are no heroes, I just see it as a template club creating nice templates, as some other clubs like shape5. I am not into the hero-thing or worshipping (ok, I have one guy that I admire for sleek programming, Lerdorf the guy that developed php).
    But for the rest no way…
    In my opinion all template clubs are pretty good. But that is my 2 cents, all are money making schemes, but I just don’t have the time to develop my own templates.

scotty Friend

I would not like to see Joomart venture into the phpBB theme business. They have enough of a workload as it is without adding to it.

havenew Friend

Near time, forum php was hack, with joomla, you should use forum mfs or bulletin

I see some forum PHP3 is hacked
    example: site:http://www.cuuhomaytinh.vn/
    Hacked By Casanova / Serseri77 / C4Panzer Turkýsh Hacker Grup http://Www.Web4sec.Org
    ===================================
    enjoy!

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@scotty 103192 wrote:</em><blockquote>I would not like to see Joomart venture into the phpBB theme business. They have enough of a workload as it is without adding to it.</blockquote>

On the business side? For a template club this would simply mean to hire some new designers to the team that work on such specific templates. I also would not include those in the regular JA Membership, this should be a designated site with own billing for the templates. Yet users of the regular Joomlart.com site would not have to sign up new, as I would not implement a membership system like used for the regular template club. Like with some other sites, there extensions and templates can be bought by quantity. You only pay for one product you purchase as usually and maybe have to apply a license to the product.

When it comes to the software piracy issues, to avoid warez sites to provide those templates and extensions illegally etc., I would implement the already commonly known IonCube Loader Licensing procedure.

Specifically, all the templates source code can be unencrypted but to run the template on the own server or clients’s server one has to have ion cube loader installed or installs it for it, which is very simple. And to function on the frontend, the backend can be accessible as usual, one has to have a simple JA License Validator Component installed. Then you go to the JA Memberarea and create a unique license that is only valid for one instance of installation. This way one cannot share license keys. Simple thing and no more stolen JA Template issues.

SP Media Friend

I’d personally vote for theme integration with vbulletin, phpBB has never fitted my personal requirements. 🙁

roeland Friend

The poll is working and I was the first to get my vote in! Thanks JA!:D

SP Media Friend

Voted too. vB is so much more worthier though. 🙁

roeland Friend

Nobody cares here at all? Just 9 people that have some idea on what they expect from a club………….. Wow.:-[

SP Media Friend

Well phpBB isn’t exactly the best of bulletin boards.

roeland Friend

A good reason to vote no, but not voting at all, shows great interest.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  elaine millward 15 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum