Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Joomla has just released Joomla 1.6 Alpha 2

It seems the stable version should be ready by early next year ie within the next 90-100 days 🙂

It would be nice if Joomlart could release all new templates to be J1.6 compatible !

hacksider Friend

I think it’s too early for them to create a 1.6 compatible templates since it’s still on pre-alpha edition (way long before the beta). And I think you can also use the template of 1.5 to 1.6.

Joomlart will soon go with the flow as long as the stable version is released (like the one they did on their old templates).

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Rightly said by hacksider, JoomlArt will gearup for conversion or support for J 1.6, once it is due for stable release. Preparing now and supporting alpha versions of templates, for sites which are bound to be kept upgraded and components (almost non-existent for J 1.6), does not make any fruitful sense for JA or its members.
    Let J 1.6 mature and we would take care of rest.

regards

Arvind

didima Friend

l think joomla 1.6 going to rock the world because has some useful features and cant wait to see

hacksider Friend

Well, I can say the user control is waaaay much better. But I think the finalization will take about another 6 months or more before reaching the RC phase. As of this moment, we’re still just seeing the alpha (the next is beta, then the RC).

There’s still more to come sooner or later and I think it’ll affect every framework from the components to plugins to the template.

hammerideas Friend

Hacksider has the right idea. It’s great to be ahead of the pack and use the latest and greatest versions, but without stability alll you are going to do is waste a lot of time and then end up reverting back to J1.5. I don’t know about the rest of you but I Really hate having to do something twice.

Phill Moderator

According to the Jooomla team the template engine is still undergoing change so there is little point in developers working on templates for it yet.

I’m looking forward to 1.6 myself but we need to be patient.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum