Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I am just wondering if it is possible to customize the mod_mainmenu in such a way so as to display the name of the current category (or parent main menu item) as the title of the menu? The default title is “Main Menu” which appears in the gray box and can be configured via the module manager.

I am wondering if there are any customizations that can be done in order to get it to display the category name in the gray box instead. What I have done is configured the main menu module to display links starting from the 1st level (not 0.)

So if this is my site navigation:

Home
    Company
    Article 1
    Article 2
    Support
    Article 3

If I am on “Article 2”, i would like the main menu module to display “Company” in the title of the module box, instead of the default “Main Menu.” Is this possible?

Thanks!

Sherlock Friend

Can you give us your live URL, any screenshot or more details of the problem will be helpful

ahpeera Friend

Thanks for the quick response.

Here is a screenshot of the page:
    http://www.ahpnetworks.com/screenshot.jpg

I have set the main menu module on the left (mod_mainmenu) to display links starting from level 1 onwards (not level 0, hence “Home, Company, Technology” etc are not displayed. Rather, only the links under “Technology” are currently displayed for this page.)

So I was wondering, is it possible to replace the text “Main menu” with “Technology”? I would like the “Main menu” text to be replaced with the name of the parent menu item (or category, which in my case is the same as the parent menu item.)

I know that this text can be modified using the module parameters, but it can only be changed to static text it seems. Any ideas on how I can get it to display the name of the parent menu item or category? So that when I navigate to any page in the technology section (as I have done in the screenshot), it will display links in the technology menu (as it does already) in addition to showing “Technology” as the title of the module box (replacing “Main menu”.)

I hope this is clear… any help will be appreciated!! I’m ready to get down and dirty with the module so if you have any PHP code to share, that would be great..

ahpeera Friend

Any ideas?

Sherlock Friend

hi
    you can copy main menu module and rename is Technology meu, then create some meu as you worked in Technology, you set that module only appear at Technology menu of top menu

ahpeera Friend

Hmm that would work! I was hoping there would be some dynamic way to simply echo the name of the category or parent menu within one main menu module instead of having to create multiple modules.. if you have any ideas on how to achieve this in the future, please let me know.

But for now – THANK YOU very much for the idea – I never thought of that… it would definitely be a quick fix to get things working as intended! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ahpeera 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum