Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I have over a Gig of RAM on my local win machine, using Fireworks

When I try opening the header.psd file, Fireworks displays an error that there isn’t enough memory to open the file

I have tons of stuff turned off.

Is there any way that the header.psd file could be reduced so that I could open and edit it?

Many thanks 🙂

Michael Casha Friend

It was not designed to be opened in Fireworks, however you might be able to get ShannonN (when he comes back) to convert it to PNG or you can request a free customisation of the image.

dogtags Friend

I managed to open it in PaintShop Pro 8, and what I think I’ll do is delete the layers that I don’t need so that hopefully the file size will be reduced.

I thought Fireworks can work with .psd files okay? I’ve opened many others, and they worked all right.

dogtags Friend

<em>@MiCCAS 13887 wrote:</em><blockquote>It was not designed to be opened in Fireworks, however you might be able to get ShannonN (when he comes back) to convert it to PNG or you can request a free customisation of the image.</blockquote>

Can I still get the customization of the image?

Turns out that when I open the header image in Paint Shop Pro, it doesn’t support everything :((

Maybe ShannonN could convert it?

Let me know. I’d love to start customizing it. I’m hoping to open my new site within the next week or two.

Thanks very much 🙂

TomC Moderator

Maybe you can download the 30-Day trial version of Photoshop from Adobe and see if that might work.
    (Though, I’m not sure if the trial version leaves a watermark on images.)

dogtags Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 18851 wrote:</em><blockquote>Maybe you can download the 30-Day trial version of Photoshop from Adobe and see if that might work.
    (Though, I’m not sure if the trial version leaves a watermark on images.)</blockquote>

Thanks for this idea 🙂

I just downloaded, installed, and then pulled up the header.psd file in PhotoShop

Displayed okay

Then, I deleted the “Brick group” and the “Blue Group” and saved as .psd and got the total file size down to 2.5MB and it looked great in PhotoShop

So far, so good….

However, when I tried pulling up the file in Fireworks…..again, I got the “not enough memory” alert, but I work on large images all the time, no prob

Any ideas?

Can you adjust the memory limits in Fireworks?

Never had this issue

Many thanks 🙂

dogtags Friend

<em>@MiCCAS 13887 wrote:</em><blockquote>It was not designed to be opened in Fireworks, however you might be able to get ShannonN (when he comes back) to convert it to PNG or you can request a free customisation of the image.</blockquote>

What would be the free customizations that I could select from?

I never before heard of this option

Many thanks 🙂

ShannonN Friend

DogTags;18966What would be the free customizations that I could select from?

I never before heard of this option

Many thanks 🙂

Hi Mate
    PM me with the details of what you want done with the header images and if it’s not mind boggling or involves hours of work I’ll do them for you customization means changing logo and text usually to suit your company, slogan, theme niche market etc, I am creative and have had great success modifying stuff to suit company products ask around the forum, some of the guys I have helped will show you the images etc
    Cheers ShannonN

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ShannonN 17 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum