Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone, as a newbie I am not sure what to do..
    When I have an article written, I then add a ‘read more’ button, and when I load the article again I am only seeing everything that is below the ‘read more’ break, everything that was above the break has vanished.
    Does anyone have any idea why.. it’s very frustrating as it is making my articles too long.

Other than that what a superb template it is, excellent…
    Thanks for any answers. John (moccras)

SORRY JOOMLA FRIENDS I didn’t realise the ‘read more’ only works on the home page article, I am stupid… sometimes.
    Anyway you are a great bunch of people and I absolutely love your work, all of you..

Take care, moccras.

sunrise Friend

Hi there,

I am not sure you found out what to do or not, but anyway, I hope this helps, as at first I didn’t know where to find out where or how to change the configuration for some of these settings.

Go to the admin section, to Content/Article Manager. Then click on Pramaters. Here you set the Global Config, (You can set other selected settings on each seperate article if you wish) The setting that would change what you are talking about is: Show/Hide intro text. If you use Hide intro text, what is writen before the “read more” will not show up in the article. If you use Show intro text, it will.

I often use Hide intro text. then I add the whole text again. Why? that way, in the first part that shows on the home page, I can use a smaller picture for faster loading, and bigger picture, once people click read more. Otherwise, with Show intro text, the same picture you have on the front page would also be used later.

I hope this is a help.

Sunrise.

mj1256 Friend

great tip, i am going to try it

moccras Friend

Amazing, thank you. I keep getting muddled up with the relationships between ‘articles’ ‘categories’ and ‘sections’.
    I’m probably not on my own..:D
    The read more problem has taken one click to put right, amazing… I love it..
    I like your trick with the bigger image as well, the first page needs to load fast, good idea.
    Many thanks, John. moccras.

moccras Friend

I’ll give you that, pretty accurate I would say…
    Okay, I wonder if you can answer a dumb question that I have !!
    Although I am a template club member, and I have paid for, and actioned, the unbranding option my helio template is showing ‘unwritable’ in red text.
    It was green and said ‘Writable’, all I did was change the font size and it switched to red ‘Unwritable’.
    What did I do… ?
    Any idea’s. Many thanks.

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

This is the greatest trick I know until today. Thanks, sunrise! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sfpkent 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum